Killer guitar that probably won`t get much use. What to do?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Caretaker, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Caretaker

Caretaker Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

I recently got a strat on a trade. While I respect the strats out there, I`m a Les Paul guy. I have a great strat I built but I still go back to the Paul. This new one(98 USA) is a killer instrument. Do I offer it for trade for something I will play? Do I leave it in the closet for when I want something different? MY strat has a huge rosewood neck. this one has a full C maple neck. Any advice?

2. BPlexico

BPlexico Gold Supporting Member

If you have no interest in the guitar, then I would either sell it for a price that is amenable to you, or save it for a trade down the road when you find something of interest.

3. crzyfngers

crzyfngers Member

yeah, loan it to me for a couple of years. i'll take good care of her.

4. Caretaker

I may list it in the emporium and see what`s out there. Edwards LP, SG Classic, etc. Something I will play. I am enjoying the snap of the maple board when I play Gilmour though.

5. ugacrow

ugacrow Member

Just curious... why did you trade for a guitar that it sounds like you knew you wouldn't play?

6. Caretaker

I sold a guitar and this was partial payment. It`s not that I dislike it. I just don`t NEED it.

7. ugacrow

ugacrow Member

I guess I still don't understand that. It'd be like accepting foreign currency as payment. It's not that it's not good for SOME people, it's just not much good for YOU.

8. atomicmassunit

atomicmassunit Member

Sometimes that's the best deal. I do that all the time as well, cash +something, then you sell the something, often for a little more than the cash you were asking, if you're patient.

I say, sell it. Stick with your LP's if that's what you like, no sense in hanging onto something that's not being played. There's somebody out there who'd be thrilled to buy it and will play it.

9. XKnight

XKnight Member

Definitely donate it to someone who needs it. You'll feel much better for doing so. I'll be glad to assist with the donation.