Killer New Carvins!! Single-Cut California Carved-Top and new semihollow model!SWEET!

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by gang twanger, Jan 16, 2008.

1. gang twanger

gang twanger Member

I don't know who's seen them already, but I just looked at the Carvin website, and oh my god! They just put out a Gibson/PRS-style semi-hollowbody model and IT IS BEAUTIFUL!!! It's exactly what I have been waiting for from them. It really looks amazing and considering their reputation, I'm willing to bet that it sounds as good as it looks. And it looks SWEET!!

They also just put out a Les Paul-style version of their California Carved Top that looks even sweeter! :AOK:AOK:AOK
    [​IMG]

2. Steve Dallas

Steve Dallas Supporting Member

Yeah, they have some nice stuff coming out. I just wish they would standardize on pickup sizes.

I have a 2007 CT6-M I absolutely love, but only after I replaced the cheap Wilky bridge with the heavier Gotoh version and replaced the pups with Darkbursts. Not that I didn't like the stock pups--they sounded great--but they were just so darned UGLY.

Anywho, my Carvin gets more playing time than my PRS even if my PRS does barely edge it out in a couple of areas.

Carvin is certainly not rated high enough IMHO.

3. gang twanger

gang twanger Member

What's cool now too is that they have HB's with chrome or gold covers (and also black like EMG's). Plus they have the new S22 HB's which are warmer than the C22's. Both come with the covers if you want. The uncovered all-black (or God forbid, all creme-colored) HB p/u style has been a pet peeve of mine for quite a long time. I don't know who's decision it was, but man, would I like to shake his hand and buy him a round. Absolutely awesome move on their part. Keep it up guys!:AOK:AOK:AOK:AOK:AOK:AOK:AOK

4. Mudder

Mudder Member

The only thing that bugs me about Carvin is the pickups. They want to act like a custom shop, and in many ways fulfill that role, then don't offer any pickups but their house brand. Lame.

5. gang twanger

gang twanger Member

To me though, that's like referring to PRS's pickups as "their house brand".
    Try ordering a custom shop Gibson or Fender with Lollars or Lindy Fralins, and see how easy that is.

6. John Thigpen

John Thigpen Member

Those are far and away the best looking guitars Carvin has ever put out. I'd like to have one, but it will have to get in line behind all the other stuff I want, along with the monthly bills, creditors, etc.

John

7. daddyo

daddyo Guest

There is a big, multipage thread already going here on the Carvin singlecut. Check it out.

8. Steve Dallas

Steve Dallas Supporting Member

I don't think they really try to act like a custom shop as much as an "option shop."

I do get annoyed with the pickup thing. When I replaced the great sounding but very fugly stock pups in my CTM-6, I had to route the holes with a Dremel to get the new standard sized pups to fit.