Killer Suhr Tele Has Landed

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by Teleplayer, Nov 19, 2005.

1. Teleplayer

Teleplayer Silver Supporting Member

Picked it up this morning from the boys at Make 'n Music. Killer one-piece lightweight swamp ash body with Mary Kaye finish. Vintage body radius (i.e. no contours except by neck/body). V60's in neck and middle positions; Suhr Broadcaster bridge pickup. 5 way blade; push-pull tone pot to engage bridge pickup.

When playing in the in-between position between the neck and middle pickups, and engaging the bridge pickup, it gives one of the most smokin tones I have ever heard. Very cool to hear the out-of-phase tone, with a bit of added bite to top things off.

Very, very nice grain popping through the Mary Kaye. Tortoise pickguard. Looks great.

Just a great axe. As usual, thanks for the fine work John.

I would have provided pics, but it is too late in the day to snap photos with natural sunlight. Thus, maybe some photos tomorrow.

2. parker

parker Member

Sounds sweet! looking forward to the pics !!

3. Jon Silberman

Jon Silberman 10Q Jerry & Dickey Gold Supporting Member

But wouldn't you really rather have a Fender? :eek:

SERIOUSLY - I'M KIDDING. :eek:

Enjoy that killer new axe! :D

4. Teleplayer

:D

Thanks for the kind words Jon. I played it a bit earlier this evening. It's a really, really nice piece of work.

5. Den

Den Member

Can't wait to see the pics ... I'll bet you love it more everytime you pick it up. Congrats!!

6. RvChevron

RvChevron Member

Nothing can compare to the real thing!!! R U out of your mind ???

:D :D

congrats and enjoys!!!! We DO WANT Pics!!!!

7. Teleplayer

I took a couple pics today, but it was really gray outside. No decent natural sunlight; thus, they only turned out "o.k.". The guitar looks much better than the pics, so I decided not to post them.

As soon as we get a nice sunny day here in Chicago, I will snap a few good photos and post them. The finish is beautiful.

8. AD

AD Supporting Member

I tried a MK Suhr at Maken a couple of months ago with Jato - it was really nice. I resisted but Jato did pull out the cc for another Suhr.

9. Marty Horne

Marty Horne Guest

Congrats on your new guitar. I've never owned a Suhr but the 2 or 3 I've played were killer axes and the specs on yours sounds like it would cover a lot of ground tonewise.