Kind of dumb Anderson question

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by telecopter, Feb 15, 2009.

1. telecopter

telecopter Member

Why two strap pins on the bottom? Which one to use?

2. AaeCee

AaeCee Member

Sits evenly when you rest it against the amp, and some guys actually use the other button because it changes the way the guitar sits against your body.

3. telecopter

telecopter Member

You mean the bottom one?

4. urizen

urizen Gold Supporting Member

The Anderson strap (that came w/ mine) actually has a hole for each of the two bottom bout pins, and keeps the guitar closer to the body (and, as posted elsewhere, another benefit is that the guitar "... Sits evenly when you rest it against the amp.").

5. Pietro

Pietro 2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy

Yes, you can use either button with your strap, but as I recall, Tom says the only reason he did that was because he wanted to carry less stuff. It leans against the amp nicely, and you don't need to carry a guitar stand. I still carry a guitar stand, but occasionally do lean the guitars up against something, and they don't fall. It's cool.

And the Anderson straps don't come with two holes anymore I don't think.

btw, I think it's trademarked or copyrighted or something, but other people have "borrowed" the idea (like the Taylor T5 I think) but Tom doesn't mind at all I heard. In any case, I'm reasonably positive he was the first guy to do it though, maybe even when he was with Schechter. You can ask on the Anderson forum, too. Tom hangs out there a LOT.

6. pipedwho

pipedwho Member

I'm pretty sure I remember Tom posting somewhere (I can't remember where) that he got the idea from Dave Schecter. But, it seems that these days only Anderson guitars consistently have the two buttons.

I personally think it's a great idea, especially when I'm playing at home and get interrupted when there's no guitar stand anywhere in sight. :AOK

I have a few different brands of straps and the buttons seem to line up with the extra holes in most straps. This is purely coincidental as I'm pretty sure the buttons were never intended to be used simultaneously with a strap.