• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

kinda late NPD: Wampler Dual Fusion and my thoughts...

strings4v

So I got this Wampler Dual fusion a while back. I started tweaking it and learned how to dial it in.
Basic functionality of the pedal would be redundant to go over since there are many good resources for that. So I will share my thoughts on it.

First thing that came to my mind when I plugged it in was.. "OPEN"
I like how dynamic it sounds. All my attack is preserved. Every little touch goes through the pedal in an expressive way.

Channel 1 is a vintage channel. (Paisley Side) It's a TS variant circuit as you might have guessed. I like this channel a lot as it's rather bright sounding. When you boost another pedal or an amp with this side, it tightens up the low end. I like that bc when playing lead, you don't really need that much low end unless you're in an instrumental trio. Low end would be filled with kick drum, bass, and some rhythm guitar if playing something heavy. So I like a bit of a cut as it eliminates some of the frequency cloud and really makes the parts be heard better.
BUT if you desire to preserve the low end, "Fat" toggle is there for the job.

Channel 2 is a modern channel (Euphoria Side) Apparently a dumble inspired type sound.. I've never played a Dumble before so idk what that is supposed to sound like. Anyways, it's rather dark sounding. You can open it up with the tone knob but inherently, it's dark. Really cool for parts I played in the vid... fits right in. There's a midrange shift on a toggle "throaty/natural." The difference is quite drastic. I don't think you wanna fiddle with that mid song/setlist at a gig. So tailor your tone with that beforehand and set it there I guess.

A big part of this pedal is in its stacking arrangement. 1->2 , 2->1, or completely separate. The very last option is handy if you've got a switcher unit.
I like 1->2 the best. One thing that Brian pointed out in one of my threads, was that bc of the way of clipping in a TS type circuit, you might experience a "clean bleed" phenomenon. You just have to be careful with gain/volume balance of the two when stacking. Obviously, you don't wanna crank everything to 11...

Ok so here's my new tune using this pedal. There was a car TV ads I saw when I was.... like 7? where the car pulls in a kingdom built on a desert and the driver comes out of the car with his shades on with full of class.. the background music and the image together was so awesome. I think I was trying to go in that direction.
This type of chords progression and lines are where I feel comfortable myself (lol) since I played piano when I was young.. Ilked this type of vibe.
Anyways, it's something different. A tone that... not everyone expects from this pedal (as one person commented on my vid)?

IRG

Nice demo! I have a Euphoria on the way as I type this. And a Triple Wreck. Decided I needed a little Wampler in my life.

strings4v

Nice demo! I have a Euphoria on the way as I type this. And a Triple Wreck. Decided I needed a little Wampler in my life.
Thanks! Hope you like the Euphoria. I'm wanting their Pinnacle.. but we'll see haha

Holzar1988

Gold Supporting Member
Nice review and demo. Thanks! There's one of these at my local GC used, and I was curious what it might sound like. This is helpful.

strings4v

Nice review and demo. Thanks! There's one of these at my local GC used, and I was curious what it might sound like. This is helpful.
Pedal's got a ton of possibilities. But it takes a bit to learn how to dial it in.. things like gain in the modern channel is not as gradual I find.

Matt L

I love my Dual Fusion. I'm using a 5153 head right now, and I find myself preferring the DF instead of the amp's Ch.3 for leads. It is much more present in the mix. So versatile. Definitely one of my favorite overdrive pedals ever.

guitar29

Gold Supporting Member
I owned this pedal twice. Just couldn't bond with it. The stand alone Euphoria sounds much sweeter to my ears than the Euphoria side of the Dual Fusion and the same for the Paisley side. Just one man's opinion.

I had this pedal and think the OP has the sides mixed up. I thought that 'Channel 1' (the vintage channel) is the Euphoria side along with its smooth / open switch, and Channel 2 (the modern) is the Paisley / tube screamer side.

Personally I found the vintage side too bright and the modern too dark! Stacked together (1 into 2) was good, but the jump in volume compared to either channel soloed was too extreme for me.

Peace,

Rob.

strings4v

I had this pedal and think the OP has the sides mixed up. I thought that 'Channel 1' (the vintage channel) is the Euphoria side along with its smooth / open switch, and Channel 2 (the modern) is the Paisley / tube screamer side.

Personally I found the vintage side too bright and the modern too dark! Stacked together (1 into 2) was good, but the jump in volume compared to either channel soloed was too extreme for me.

Peace,

Rob.
Yeah I think you're right... left side is Paisley.

Fireheart7

Great video. I have a DF and I love it. Its range is phenomenal, from bright to dark. And that is before stacking! To me, it is extremely amp like-even as how it respond when I hit it with a boost pedal. Wampler hit it out of the park with this one!

Matt L

Volume jump? There's no volume jump between channels. You've got a faulty unit or something.

I love the pedal. My only gripe is the Tone knob range. It gets VERY bright with my rig. I have the tones set around 9 o'clock, especially on Vintage. Past noon is basically unusable.

@ Matt L,

There's not a volume jump between the channels; but with both on together.

I don't have mine anymore, but if you try it in a live setting you will probably see that when combined, the volume jump is quite noticiable. This is great if you want a boost in gain and overall volume, but I didn't. I wanted it to be more of a 3 channel pedal that could have all 3 volumes matched.

This is only to be expected though because without a separate volume control to govern the output of the 2 mixed channels I have NEVER found two drive pedals that don't require further volume adjustment when combined. You can set any two drive pedals separately for unity gain, but the moment you add one to the other the volume level gets totally thrown out -I guess it's an impossibilty to expect otherwise.

Peace,

Rob.

Matt L

I've been gigging mine weekly for about 6 months. I must have it set differently or something, because I use both together a lot, and if there is a volume jump, it is extremely subtle to the point of not mattering in the mix. I DO want a gain boost, though, so it's doing its job. I rarely use the Modern side alone. I have the volumes fairly even, and unity with my amp. I think the toggle EQ settings will affect volume, though, so that could be part of it. The Throaty/Natural switch on the left side makes a huge difference. I think I'm on Throaty, and Fat on the other side.

The amp I've been using is a 5150 III, and that has a volume jump between the Green and Blue channels. A huge one. So much so, that I just run on the clean Green channel and use my Dual Fusion for 3 more stages of gain. It is so good it has made 2 channels on my amp obsolete.

IRG

How do you like the triple wreck ? for me it was a bit too much !
Well this was some time ago now. Now I have no Wampler. I decided my ears and Wampler are not quite the same. I did like the Triple Wreck actually, would add it to my board again, but I just got a ThorpyFX Warthog and am loving this one. I have the Muffroom too, and it's probably my favorite fuzz ever.

I also had a Wampler Plexi Deluxe. Couldn't get rid of that fast enough, not sure why. Just didn't work for me. Had the Clarksdale too, pretty good. Just got tired of it quickly I guess. But it was a nice take on a TS. Maybe I don't really care for tubescreamers though.

Mooncef

Well this was some time ago now. Now I have no Wampler. I decided my ears and Wampler are not quite the same. I did like the Triple Wreck actually, would add it to my board again, but I just got a ThorpyFX Warthog and am loving this one. I have the Muffroom too, and it's probably my favorite fuzz ever.

I also had a Wampler Plexi Deluxe. Couldn't get rid of that fast enough, not sure why. Just didn't work for me. Had the Clarksdale too, pretty good. Just got tired of it quickly I guess. But it was a nice take on a TS. Maybe I don't really care for tubescreamers though.
Reading your gear you don't seem to be a metal guy =) I mean 335 :D

Trending Topics