• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Kinda OT: Logic Users Group...

Orren

Hi all,

I know some of you use Logic, so I just wanted to quickly post this for those who are interested. I've long been involved as an administrator in the "Logic Users Group." In the past, this has been an email list only, but after months of preparation, we're finally ready to unveil our web platform and community forums: http://www.logic-users-group.com

Enjoy!

Orren

LSchefman

Thanks, Orren! I have to check it out!

I've become quite the Logic aficionado of late, thanks in no small part to what I learned from reading your book!

holyears

Hey Orren - thanks for the post! I have a quick question you'll probably have an answer for: is it true that you can take the test for level 1 Logic Certification without having to pay for a $1k course? I've been trying to find some info on it. Thanks!

Orren

Hey Orren - thanks for the post! I have a quick question you'll probably have an answer for: is it true that you can take the test for level 1 Logic Certification without having to pay for a $1k course? I've been trying to find some info on it. Thanks!
You know, I actually don't have an answer—sorry! I've never done professional Logic consulting or taught Logic courses so I've never really looked into certification. OTOH, I know that there are a number of Logic Certified Trainers in the forums, so you might want to ask there.

Orren

enharmonic

Old Growth
Platinum Supporting Member
Orren, I need your book. I'll pick it up tonight when I get home :dude

Could you help me make up my mind about my new machine for Logic? I'm torn between the current offerings (including MBP 17"). Singer songwriter stuff for now with hopes of restarting my recording business later this year...so something that will handle Logic 8 + a host of VST's/plugs...and be a viable platform for at least 3 years. Where do you see the "sweet spot" in current machines?

Thanks!

Rob

Megatron

Orren, I need your book. I'll pick it up tonight when I get home :dude

Could you help me make up my mind about my new machine for Logic? I'm torn between the current offerings (including MBP 17"). Singer songwriter stuff for now with hopes of restarting my recording business later this year...so something that will handle Logic 8 + a host of VST's/plugs...and be a viable platform for at least 3 years. Where do you see the "sweet spot" in current machines?

Thanks!

Rob
Personally I'm going to pull the trigger on a Mac Pro(probably a quadcore) in a week or 2 most likely. Over the next 6 weeks I'm going to pick up that, Logic 8, a duet, and a flat screen monitor.....and planning on tooling around in GB for a few weeks while it's coming together.

I'm making the leap from a VS2480cd. The VS is fun but I want to take advantage of all the VSTs and I want to get back to sequencing drums on the computer mainly. Also the roland will only go so far in the mastering side of things, so in the past if I had anything important I'd have a friend mix and master on a pc system.

shigihara

Orren,

i just registered... love your Logic8 book !

best, paul

Hi all,

I know some of you use Logic, so I just wanted to quickly post this for those who are interested. I've long been involved as an administrator in the "Logic Users Group." In the past, this has been an email list only, but after months of preparation, we're finally ready to unveil our web platform and community forums: http://www.logic-users-group.com

Enjoy!

Orren

Pietro

2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy
Cool! I'm in!

Just started doing some more serious and pretty FX heavy recording with my relatively new cheapo macbook 2ghz. ith 320G 7200 drive and 4G RAM, I have had not a single hiccup, and have not yet had to freeze a track! I'm more pleased with Logic 8 than any before, even if the new interface is quite the challenge. I have a question for the xperts, but will post it over there.

Trending Topics