Kinda Sorta New...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by kekaiakea, Aug 24, 2008.

1. kekaiakea

kekaiakea Rob Yamanoha

Been on the forums and dealing in the emporium for months now, and I never knew this one existed LOL :jo I guess better late than never to introduce myself....

I'm a solo acoustic/electric singer-songwriter based on the Big Island of Hawaii. Been playing out professionally for about four years as a solo artist, was in a reggae/funk/ska band for about 8 years before that. Released my first solo album in 2007 on my record label Red Moon Entertainment. Right now I travel the major islands promoting my disc, seriously considering relocating to Portland, OR (there just aren't enough venues out here).

I love gear, gone through too much to name. I've always loved strats, but I also own an '83 Ibanez Artist AM-50 (similar to the Schofield, which was originally an AM-200). My main acoustic guitar is a Taylor 414CE. Right now I'm lovin my CIJ Fender 54RI strat w/VanZandt Blues, and my all-time favorite MIJ WAYNES WORLD Strat w/a Lollar-Fralin config.

Doing the solo gigs I was using a Fender PJ, but recently acquired a great sounding BF Princeton (blissful tones!). When I've got a band to back me I absolutely LOVE my 68 drip-edge Bassman...no exaggerating: TONAL HEAVEN :drool. Also got a 68 SF Super Reverb (drip-edge was missing when i bought it, so I scored it for HALF of its worth!) Several misc. pedals, but otherwise just a nice clean tone is good for me.

Anyway, I love TGP. As addicting as gear itself, and so much great info! The best part: TGP'rs ROCK! You guys are some of the coolest people I've never met lol.

much aloha to you all
    Rob Yamanoha

...btw you can check out the links below to see/hear what i do...peace...

Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  2. archtopjazz

archtopjazz Gold Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

Hi Rob,

Welcome to TGP.

Jim

3. Ken I

Ken I Silver Supporting Member

Welcome aboard Rob!

4. Komet

Komet Member

5. HipKitty

HipKitty Silver Supporting Member

Greetings from Nashville!

btw, I have one of those MIJ Waynes World Strats that I refinished gold flake nitro and changed out the hardware to include Dimarzio HS-2's and graph tech saddles. Definitely a keeper!

6. kekaiakea

kekaiakea Rob Yamanoha

thanks all! yeah that Waynes World is definitely worth more than its current value, especially when you change out the electronics and hardware...

7. Pa'ani

Pa'ani Supporting Member

Hi Rob,

Welcome to The Gear Page!