• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Sold King Bee Stratocaster

Snyderman

Slinkyguitarnerd
Gold Supporting Member
Sonic Blue King Bee Stratocaster

-Alder Body/Ultra Thin Nitro Finish
-Maple Neck/Large "C" Profile/Nitro Finish/9.5" Radius
-Medium Jumbo Frets
-Kluson Style Tuning Machines
-Callaham Vintage Style Bridge
-Fender 57/62 Pickups/CTS Pots/Cloth Wire/Orange Drop .022
-7.8lbs on a digital scale

Guitar is very loud acoustically and rings/chimes like a bell plugged into an amp.
Frets are polished to a smooth sheen with zero fret-wear.

I'm not too familiar with these guitars as I acquired it in a trade but I can say that this guitar was put together very well and has a great vintage vibe. The neck pocket is uber snug and the trem is fantastic. The tone is very bold, chimey and poppy for lack of more intelligent terms.

I compared this King Bee with two of my best sounding maple board Custom Shop strats.. The picture below should give you a good interpretation of the outcome.... SMH...

$995 Shipped/Insured/Lower 48

**Will ship in a Deluxe Gator gig bag**

Last edited:

mscotts

What?!
Gold Supporting Member
King Bee assembled some really nice instruments before his implosion.
He sourced parts and assembled them ala Dano, etc. I have a tele that’s one of the best guitars I own.
Nice guitar for the $$$....

ddbruni

If i was not holding a lake placid King Bee S this would be snapped up.... insane guitar for this money... I moved a 60 RI custom shop relic after i scored mine ...

Snyderman

Slinkyguitarnerd
Gold Supporting Member
If i was not holding a lake placid King Bee S this would be snapped up.... insane guitar for this money... I moved a 60 RI custom shop relic after i scored mine ...
I tried to capture my facial expression as I compared the King Bee to my $4300 Fender Custom Shop Stratocaster... (I.E., Grumbling obscenities under my breath...)

ddbruni

Dont get me wrong the Fender CS was a superior instrument but considering i got my KB for a loaded PG i got thrown in on a trade and $700 cash i made what i feel was the prudent financial move ....That said in all honesty for $3k less the KB is about 80% the guitar the CS was in finish and is all of 95% there in tone and playability.... and the CS was a bit heavier too...gotta say i was surprised by it...he made some really nice parts guitars...Mine has Lollar Tweeds in it. Good luck with the sale .... should be a quick one.

Steve Z

Gold Supporting Member
"Large "C" Profile"....

Do you know the neck depth at the 1st fret by chance? Nut width?
Thanks.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom