King of Tone external toggle question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Young Dad, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Young Dad

Young Dad Member

Anyone know exactly how this works?
    If I understand correctly if I set all 4 internal dip switches to the down position then both sides will be in clean mode? And the external toggle will be up=clean middle= od and down=dist?
    Just a bit confused. I would love to have the red side be adjustable with the toggle and the yellow side set to clean boost
    Looked on analogmans site and found a ton of info but no manual
    Thanks!

2. coltonius

coltonius Señor Member Silver Supporting Member

Yes. With the internal trimmers set to OFF on the right channel (two left DIP switches), you can control the OD / Boost / Distortion mode outside the pedal on the toggle. The left channel's DIP switches (two right DIP switches) are unaffected by the toggle, as the left channel is independent of the right channel.

Middle = diodes off (Boost)
    Can't remember which exactly Up & Down are, but you can refer to the Prince of Tone for specifics!

I've had this option before- very useful, in my opinion.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    LordByron likes this.
  3. msnes335

msnes335 Supporting Member

If you get the toggle, it comes set properly from the shop. Unless you bought it used and someone messed with it?

The manuals are on the website, and it does give the proper setting. You'll find it on this page:

http://www.analogman.com/manuals/

4. Young Dad

Young Dad Member

5. Smashies

Smashies Supporting Member

Bump.

KoT incoming with the toggle switch on the outside. Still can't find a clear answer on which position is boost, OD, and distortion. I know that the DIP switches need to be set down for the red side, but that's as far as my researched knowledge goes. The instruction manual online doesn't give an answer.

Surely someone knows for certain.

Big thanks in advance!

6. Smashies

@analogmike what say ye? Is it the same toggle assignments as on the PoT? I.e., from top to bottom, OD, boost, distortion?

7. analogmike

analogmike Gold Supporting Member

You need to keep the 2 DIP switches on the RED side down in order to use the optional toggle switch.

The toggle in the middle will be the CLEAN BOOST mode.
    The other two positions depend on how the switch was mounted. Turn the drive knob up all the way, then you will hear the sound get quieter and more distorted when you move away from the center position. The side that is QUIETEST is the distortion setting, the other is the normal OD mode.

If the drive knob is set low, or if you play softly into the pedal, there is no clipping so the 3 modes will sound the same and the toggle will not change anything.

Hope that helps!!

AndySertin and Smashies like this.
  8. Smashies

9. goodgina2018

goodgina2018 Member

@analogmike - Please check out your webpage. I think this is where folks are tripping on the switch settings...top is OD not Clean.

Mode toggle switch
    We can mount a three position toggle switch on the pedal for external Clean/OD/DIST setting on the red side. Set the internal DIP switches OFF for the red side (clean mode) then you can use the toggle to choose Clean, OD, or DIST mode. It is not available on the yellow side or both sides. This is a $50 option.

Also, just so I understand. Is the above comment correct? All OFF is Yellow=Clean and Red=Three way toggle enabled...?

10. analogmike

analogmike Gold Supporting Member

I didn't intend for that to indicate the order of the modes on the switch but I will edit it for clarity, thanks.

Correct, All OFF is Yellow=Clean and Red=Three way toggle enabled.

goodgina2018 likes this.