King Tone Soloist

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by KurtisAZ, Mar 5, 2020.

1. cbpickin

cbpickin Tweed Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

Honestly, there are so many great strat pickups out there, you have a lot of choices. I would suggest something in the lower output camp; I prefer the Lollar Blondes. Lower output strat pickups give you greater clarity, and when you pair them with the Soloist or any great TS, you will get closer to SRV tones, IMO.

fabrifila likes this.
  2. Leftyman

Leftyman Gold Supporting Member

Ha, I didn't know where was one and I've had the pedal for about 7-8 years. I've never really even looked in there. I left the toggles as it came. I will look into it. I like the Soloist and red side of the KOT equally. If I end up liking the BB side of the Duellist more than the KOT dare I say, that could make a case for selling the KOT. Although, that would be an extremely difficult decision.

Something else that factors into my decision is some of the comments that have been made stating the Duellist does seem to have a little something going on (in a good way) compared to the Soloist.

3. Mrkiammi

Mrkiammi Member

KOT and the B side are both based om a blues Breaker right??

4. Mrkiammi

Mrkiammi Member

If body is all the way down on the solist that should be the same as the duelist side A according to Jesse from kingtone

woof* likes this.
  5. Mrkiammi

Mrkiammi Member

I have Lindy fralin hot vintage on my Strat they are pretty nice too.

6. cbpickin

cbpickin Tweed Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

Yes

7. Leftyman

Yes, that is my understanding as well. What I like about the Soloist is the ability to have it in the glass setting and then turn up the body knob to about 11:00 which is how I have been running it. If I end up going with the Duellist, I won't be able to do this.

8. Mrkiammi

Mrkiammi Member

What about the edge and tone knob about 9 a clock or Even less, how is that compared with the duellist, can some one tell me :)

9. Bloomfield fan

Bloomfield fan Silver Supporting Member

I find the Soloist has a elastic harmonic goodness that it adds to the sound and makes it inspiring to play.

Mrkiammi likes this.
  10. Leftyman

I just spoke with a dealer who stated the next batch of Duellists coming out are going to be V2 which will have top mount jacks and be able to run at 18V.

Last edited: May 7, 2020
    KurtisAZ likes this.
  11. Pre Malone

Pre Malone Supporting Member

I had the King Tone Mini Fuzz Germanium. That thing sounded pretty freaking incredible on the Fattest setting but I didn't end up using it enough. His stuff is great though!

12. Mrkiammi

Mrkiammi Member

I havent heard about v2 of the duellist but I hear Jess mentioned in his the soloist video
    demo, that just like the soloist pedal, Will there later be released a solo pedal of the B-side of the duellist. too

13. Trevorsnackson

Trevorsnackson Member

I’m in a similar boat. Use the king of tone and got the soloist to boost it. Much prefer the soloist to the red side but still like the yellow. Really think a duellist might be a good option. Hopefully this v2 the others are talking about comes out

14. Mrkiammi

Mrkiammi Member

Does the pedal react different or sounds different if you connect it to others amp
    I mean did you tried the pedal with amps the soloist dit not quite work or sounds good with or just sounded average?

15. Leftyman

I think I am going to go with the Duellist. The dealer I spoke with said he should have V2 in stock within a couple of weeks.

KurtisAZ and ct64394 like this.
  16. KurtisAZ

KurtisAZ Silver Supporting Member

You won’t regret. Duellist is a future classic without a doubt!

17. DRAGUI99

DRAGUI99 Member

How would you describe the differences and the similarities between the Soloist and the Blues Power?
    I'm debating between the 2 (I don't play SRV style).
    What would be the other pedals similar to the Blues Power ? Thank you!

18. KurtisAZ

KurtisAZ Silver Supporting Member

What does the blues power do exactly? Original circuit right? Thanks!

19. evm10m

evm10m Member

After all theres so many ways you can get that sound. I have a duellist and a bluespower. These two allow me to cover everything glass, edge, ts tones, body etc... all you have to do is stack them with taste and sense following your ears. Also when it comes to these type of tones, speakers are CRUCIAL you just simply wont get there without evms or jbls E series. Sad but true

DRAGUI99, Mrkiammi and Bloomfield fan like this.
  20. Mrkiammi

Mrkiammi Member

You might already know this, but then this news is for does who dont. The only difference between v1 and v2 Duellists , is the v2 duellist has top mount jacks, and v1 has side mount jacks.