Kingdom Amps - neuma Special - studio pic and gutshot

Discussion in 'Builder's & Retailer's Forum' started by barryoneal, Dec 18, 2009.

1. barryoneal

barryoneal Member

Hello all,

We got to visit a neuma Special in a Nashville studio this week. I thought the pics turned out pretty good. Here's one of them:

[​IMG]

They didn't use the sub on this day, but I got to sit and listen to the monitors and it sounded pretty good driving a single 1x12 with a Emi D-Pro 12A. I think they mic'd it with two large diaphragm mics. They did 8 songs of varying styles in 6 hours and the Special was used on all the tracks.

I was taking some pics to wrap up assembly documentation so here's one of them, too.

[​IMG]

All the best,
    -barry.

2. turtleheadblues

turtleheadblues Senior Member

3. fyrwyr

fyrwyr Member

Great work Barry!!!

4. CreationAudioLa

CreationAudioLa Member

5. barryoneal

barryoneal Member

Thanks all,

Here's a couple clips if you're interested. I believe both of these clips are recorded with the sub direct to tape.

neuma Special by Dave Cleveland

First section: Tele, clean arpeggio, second take has increased sub. Second Section: Tele with FourSpeed Overdrive pedal. Third section: Les Paul, amp alone with volume fully open, guitar volume moves up and down.

Here's another clip Dave did for a Sports them for an LA news station.
    All guitars are through the neuma Special and/or pedals. Kind of a RHCP vibe.

neuma Special Sports theme

Hope you enjoy,
    -barry.