Kings of Leon are playing the SI Swimsuit Issue party!

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by 2HBStrat, Feb 6, 2015.

1. 2HBStrat

2HBStrat Member

I didn't even know they were still together! Has any other band, except for maybe Oasis, had such a meteoric rise and fall as them?

2. Pablomago

Pablomago Member

They had a new album last year that got enough airplay that even I heard it. I don't think they've done much falling.

3. dc_jcm800

dc_jcm800 Member

This cover's on fire!

4. 2HBStrat

2HBStrat Member

I didn't know that, but what I meant was that they were an indie/countryish band and had one great pop album with several hits, and then the cancelled concerts because of the birds, and then I thought I heard that the brothers had issues with each other (Oasis, The Kinks?) and the band had broken up? Good to know they're still together.

5. Heinz57Pep

Heinz57Pep Member

The OP's Tweedbucket-ian trolling rages on unabated.

6. zmobley84

zmobley84 Member

Still easily one of the biggest mainstream rock bands in American. Aside from maybe Foo Fighters and (maybe) The Black Keys, I can't think of a mainstream rock act that's doing much better than them right now.

That being said, mainstream rock just isn't very big at all right now, unless you count the pop acts that are strangely classified as rock (for reasons I can't seem to understand because even at 30 years old, I'm apparently ancient and out of touch) like Imagine Dragons, Coldplay, Fall Out Boy, Lorde, fun., etc.

7. 2HBStrat

2HBStrat Member

8. tele1951

tele1951 Silver Supporting Member

I saw them in Dallas a few months ago and they were great and the venue(formerly Starplex) was packed.

They have had their issues (substances) but I believe they have learned from them. I hope so. It's like 3 brothers and a cousin.

9. Zelja

Zelja Member

Oasis were selling out stadiums 15 years after the release of the first album & just before they broke up. They had a very well received album "Dig Out Your Soul" out in 2008 & won the Best British Band award from NME in 2009 as well. Hardly a "meteoric fall"...

10. DV52

DV52 Member

They must be hating life to have to play at the swimsuit party.:sarcasm

11. ccpa

ccpa Member

Ray, if someone asks if you are a god, you say Yes. Second behind that is someone calling and asking if the band is still together to play for SI swimsuit Issue party.