Kingsley Harlot Owners: Do I Need A Bass Toggle Switch?

teleluvver

I'm in the process of ordering a Kingsley Harlot, and am wondering if I need to have Simon install a bass toggle switch. I've read here in various threads that the Harlot can be bass-heavy, and a couple of guys had this toggle installed. Is this just a 2-way switch that toggles between normal and bass-cut? I'm thinking that I'm going to have Simon do this. Anyone here have experience with this or want to chime in with an opinion before I finalize my order? Thanks.

blackba

Silver Supporting Member
How much is the switch? If it's not much, I would have Simon just add it.

My harlot doesn't have the bass toggle and I have no plans to have it added, but if ordering again I would get it added, but I am a guy who likes options. I don't find the harlot too bass heavy through my rig vox ac50 or Mesa ta15 on top boost mode, but for other amps you might.

Rumors of War

I don't feel like I need it with mine, and it does not have it. That said, if I was ordering new I would get it just in case.

e-flat

I don't feel like I need it with mine, and it does not have it. That said, if I was ordering new I would get it just in case.
Agreed. I never felt the need for one, but I feel that it would make the harlot even more versatile for recording or playing with "unknown" amps etc.

tomuchroc41gtr

Silver Supporting Member
I'm in the process of ordering a Kingsley Harlot, and am wondering if I need to have Simon install a bass toggle switch. I've read here in various threads that the Harlot can be bass-heavy, and a couple of guys had this toggle installed. Is this just a 2-way switch that toggles between normal and bass-cut? I'm thinking that I'm going to have Simon do this. Anyone here have experience with this or want to chime in with an opinion before I finalize my order? Thanks.

OP - did you find out if the option had a cost? I'm on the Harlot list so this was good information to find out. Thanks!

teleluvver

OP - did you find out if the option had a cost? I'm on the Harlot list so this was good information to find out. Thanks!
Yes, I ordered the Harlot with the 3-way bass cut toggle (off and 2-position bass cut). It cost me an additional $40. Incidentally, for anyone who's curious, the wait time is 20 weeks (5 months).

Last edited:

Krausewitz

Blimey! That Pedal Show has been good to Simon, it seems! I'm glad.

I use an EQ pedal with mine, so the switch is irrelevant. I haven't yet had a chance to do a proper test though (at volume, with my main rig) so I can't be of much help here other than to ask: any chance you could get a mini-pot instead of a switch?

tomuchroc41gtr

Silver Supporting Member
Yes, I ordered the Harlot with the 3-way bass cut toggle (off and 2-position bass cut). It cost me an additional $40. Incidentally, for anyone who's curios, the wait time is 20 weeks (5 months).

Cool, thanks! Did your wait end up being the entire 20 weeks?

e-flat

Yes, I ordered the Harlot with the 3-way bass cut toggle (off and 2-position bass cut). It cost me an additional $40. Incidentally, for anyone who's curious, the wait time is 20 weeks (5 months).
:eeks
When I ordered a Harlot (long while ago...) Simon had a few on hand & shipped mine the same day. Glad to hear that business is booming!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom