Kingsley Jester Pedal...who knows specifics?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by mcuguitar, Jan 18, 2008.

1. mcuguitar

mcuguitar Gold Supporting Member

It seems Simon of Kingsley amp fame, is coming out with a new overdrive/boost tube-fed pedal called "The Jester". Has anyone seen/played the prototype? I'd love to hear about it!

2. Timbre Wolf

Timbre Wolf GoldMember Supporter Gold Supporting Member

There are sound files posted on the Web site. I'd also like to know other specs: power supply, size, see a photo. I just haven't contacted Simon - have you tried?

- Thom

3. Macaroni

Macaroni Member

All the details are on the site as well as clips, so that pretty much tells the whole story, but without pics...

http://kingsleyamplifiers.com/jester/jester.html

Simon explained to me that it's essentially the Channel 1 preamp of a D32, with the same controls, along with the Boost footswitch. So you get a really great clean boost, with a Level control, an OD channel, and the OD channel + Boost, for 3 different tonal variations, just like a D32, but in a pedal form factor. That's pretty much it. Simon also told me that the D30/32 preamp is a cross between a Fender & Vox, and the power section is a cross between Vox & Marshall.

4. mcuguitar

mcuguitar Gold Supporting Member

I've already paid for my Jester. I think I'm number 10 in line. Simon said (no pun) they'd start shipping in early Feb. I was hoping someone here had seen/played it in person. Peace, Jon.

5. zenfreud

zenfreud Member

I'm a fool for the Jester.

:D

6. Timbre Wolf

Indeed!

Has anyone gotten theirs yet? I'd love to hear a hands-on review, and see a photo. Bring it on :dude

I queued up with Simon last month. At that time, he said the wait estimate was 2-3 months - sounds like lots of interest in this pedal.

- Thom

7. Vegas Bob

Vegas Bob Supporting Member

I'm dying to get one. I've been on the list for a couple of months. Hopefully they'll start showing up soon...

8. Datsyuk

Datsyuk Member

I'm curious if Simon gave any of you a sense of when he will actually be able to start delivering the Jester?

Have you all checked out Simon's cd "The Pathway" available on itunes? Killer playing and music.

I had opportunity to meet his brother Russell when we were both teaching guitar at a local music store. Check out Russell's clip. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlscw_XbDug

This is one frightening talented family!

9. AfterDarkMusic

AfterDarkMusic Member

I'm curious what this thing looks like.

10. Timbre Wolf

In mid-March, he told me that, unfortunately, production was taking longer than he anticipated. He said that he expected chassis delivery, and then it would take a couple more weeks to finish the pedals. That brings us to... just about now! Of course, if you've just gotten on the waiting list, it may take a bit longer.

He said he did not have photos - since there are not finished production units right now.

Patience is a virtue one never "learns," but rather one practices it, over and over.

- Thom

11. Datsyuk

Datsyuk Member

Thanks for the overview. I was just curious about a ball park timeline. I've got lot's of financial reasons to be super patient. Thanks again.

12. TRW

TRW Member

How much is this thing going to be?

Kingsley amps sound killer to me and this could be my perfect OD in front of an amp...

13. SKJ

SKJ Member

Apologies for the delay in getting the first Jesters out. The enclosures have taken a lot longer to get made than we had anticipated.
    The first ones will ship later this month. For more info, please check the website.

Thanks!

Simon Jarrett
    http://www.kingsleyamplifiers.com

14. TRW

TRW Member

Simon, thanks. I missed the price on the site $375 seems fair for the feature set and the fact its tube.

Will you ship to the UK? UK mains OK?

Cheers T

15. SKJ

SKJ Member

Hi TRW, I have sent you a PM..

Simon

16. TRW

TRW Member

Sweet build!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-T

17. bluessyndicate

bluessyndicate Supporting Member

That looks awesome! And owning a D32 and therefore having an appreciation for what the 3 values for boost and OD are intended to do...

Bravo! What a pedal.