Kingsley Juggler Demo

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by 909one, Feb 5, 2015.

1. 909one

909one Member

There's a lack of demos on Kingsley stuff, especially the Juggler. So I made one last night. Its such a great sounding pedal, I'm pretty stoked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LrRTJ7KCrQ

Details of the recording:

Signal Chain:
    1. Jazzmaster -MJT body, Random neck, Curtis Novak Neck Pick-Up, Homemade Bridge Pick-Up
    2. Kingsley Juggler - vintage 12ax7's labeled Silvertone, I don't know what actually brand they are.
    3. Gibson GA-17RVT - modded with addition of a tone knob, and 12' speaker, Eminence Cannabis Rex
    4. Octava MK-012
    5. Summit MPC-100A
    5. MOTU 896HD
    6. Logic

The Eventide H9 is used for the intro, and for tuning.

yeky83 likes this.
  2. dshobe

dshobe Rocky Mountain Way Silver Supporting Member

That sounds great, thanks for the demo. Are the slide switches adjusting the bias?

3. 909one

909one Member

No, I don't think so, well at least on the clean channel I'm pretty sure they are adjusting the frequency at which the high end is rolled off. So rather than just adjusting the slope, like a volume pot, they are actually changing the frequency it which that slope happens, which is pretty cool. I really like this feature and love that its separate for the gain channel, because inevitably the more gain, the more you can roll off the high end, at least that's what I like.

4. gearscrubs

gearscrubs Supporting Member

Nice sounds and playing. Been looking at the Jester, Jouster, and Juggler, so thanks for posting that!

5. S. F. Sorrow

S. F. Sorrow Member

Nice demo. Sounds sweet.
    Good that you have the older model with the tubes outside. Was looking into a Kingsley but gave up after they started putting the tubes inside.
    The fun of a tube pedal is rolling tubes in them.

6. sksmith66

sksmith66 Member

I've seen multiple people say that rolling tubes is actually easier with the new design.