• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Kingsley Tonebaron

Steve Snider

Gold Supporting Member
I have one. Incredible amp! Love it and it has so many great tones. Listen the clips- very accurate representation. Can do all kinds of great stuff.

Steve Snider

Gold Supporting Member
Steve . . ..can you compare it to other amps you've had ( I know you've had a few)
Doesn't sound like anything else but can have flavors of Fender -Vox-Marshall-Dumble - Traiwreck -Bogner all in one amp. The various switches and tone shaping options, power settings, tube configurations etc. truly make it an amp capable of going so many different directions.Sweet amp.

Blueswede

Platinum Supporting Member
Do a search; there are a number of threads discussing the virtues of the TB. Killer amp, IMO.....

Steve Snider

Gold Supporting Member
Months later- STILL a Killer amp in every respect. So many great tones and it feels so good to play.

I am from Montreal, so it is cool for me to hear that a Canadian amp builder has built such a fantastic sounding amp! Hey Steve you should be the first to upload a demo video of this amp! I cannot find any on You Tube! But the samples on the web page are amazing! Change tubes/ add pedals.......this thing is a monster amp!

Steve Snider

Gold Supporting Member
I am from Montreal, so it is cool for me to hear that a Canadian amp builder has built such a fantastic sounding amp! Hey Steve you should be the first to upload a demo video of this amp! I cannot find any on You Tube! But the samples on the web page are amazing! Change tubes/ add pedals.......this thing is a monster amp!

I have no video camera but could throw some clips together using a hand held digital if there is any particular type tones you want to hear. I like Simon's samples and his playing is soooo good but if there is anything you want to hear, I can give it a whirl.

I have no video camera but could throw some clips together using a hand held digital if there is any particular type tones you want to hear. I like Simon's samples and his playing is soooo good but if there is anything you want to hear, I can give it a whirl.
Well I don't know if you can pull off some Voxy chiming and Fender BF all with the same tube set lol! I was considering pulling the trigger on a Goodsell Super17 MK III which has a pair of EL84's 2400 $cdn dollars new , but I know some who is selling his for $1600 USD, so I might pick it up! Those are the primary tones I am interested in, however I cannot resist having the ability to access also Dumble tones with the same amp!

I just sold my Vox AC15 (made in china) for a desert Island amp since I am moving the the Caribbean's! I also do not know to spend the next several years tone searching by buying and selling different amps!

If I can drop some cash on some type of "Holy Grail" of amps it would be great!

Macaroni

Steve...

I absolutely love my Kingsley D32C, which was the forerunner to the ToneBaron. When my finances straighten out I'm going to upgrade to a custom ToneBaron for more of the same.

I'd love to hear your take on some Dumble tones.

Thanks!

Hey Steve, does the ToneBaron accept EL84's with Yellow jackets, or not at all? The website does not seem to include EL84's as an option in the tube compliment.

Macaroni

Hey Steve, does the ToneBaron accept EL84's with Yellow jackets, or not at all? The website does not seem to include EL84's as an option in the tube compliment.
I asked Simon about that and he said yes, you can use EL84s via Yellow Jackets.

toneboy

hi steve,
i have been talking with simon about some different options for some time.
it would really be a big help to me if you could put a clip together doing some van halen,zztop type stuff.
i would be using the tone baron for 70's to 80's high gain rock tones.
some of the clips you hear on simons site were made for me last year to show how good the amp sounds at low volumes.
i would be most grateful to you if you made a clip of the amp playing riffs from some songs i would be using the amp for.

regards,

toneboy

HeeHaw

A friend of mine from another forum has a Kingsley, and it is one of the best amps I have ever heard.

rrhea

I have been threatening to do a video and review for a while now... I just need to go ahead and do it. After a year with mine I am definitely familiar with what the TB can do.

Kingsley's are some of those special amps you come across and wonder why they haven't skyrocketed to the same popularity of a TR or Fuchs. Every bit as good or better build quality/ fit finish and a much more original tone, to boot.

I can play mine all day at rehearsal or at home when practicing with zero ear fatigue and the gooey, harmonically rich tone keeps me playing way longer than I would normally play... even 1 year after ownership. I really like my amp. :)

RR

Trending Topics