Kinks-Sleepwalker

The feel, production, and lyrical content are just slaying me this morning, going well with the 2nd cup of coffee. Mr. Big...

dantedayjob

One of the most under-rated bands of all time. They should have the same iconic status as The Beatles and The Stones... (as an aside, Jethro Tull should have the same status as Zep)

Phoebe

I've seen the Kinks 26 times and have taken/turned on many friends. Like their music/style or not, no one can not have fun at a Kinks Show.

johntoste

"Get that frown off your head 'cause you're a long time dead and Life Goes On."

God bless the Kinks. Sleepwalker may not be absolutely top shelf Kinks but I enjoy it muchly.

I too have seen them multiple times over the course of their career. I can die happy 'cause I've seen them do Days and Big Sky live. Ray is unequivocally among the best lyricists in rock and, if they weren't too drunk, those guys could play.

Last edited:
I think the Kinks were a phenomenal band. This album has several great tunes. It's not a ' Best Of ' record, but has at least 3-4 keepers, for the Greatest Hits package. One does not write 'You Really Got Me' or 'So Tired ', everyday of the week.

daddyo

Pete Townshend said that he had to accept that he would never write as well as Ray Davies. Wow! The Kinks rule.

Garygtr

Almost as good!
Gold Supporting Member
Great record and band. The title track from "Misfits" never fails to choke me up :cry:

humbuster

Ray Davies most recent solo CDs (Other Peoples Lives and Working Man's Cafe) are superb and he still writes as well as he ever did.

Guitar55

Who was that masked man?
Gold Supporting Member
And of course, Ray was the inspiration for the VH1 Storytellers series....

Trending Topics