• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Kirn Signature trans red!

Thatoneguy1

I don’t post much, but I’ve got to share this one! I received my Kirn Signature on the 4th, I wanted a few days with it before posting anything...
This is my first custom guitar, and I was a bit anxious while waiting for it. She’s here now, and all is like I’d hoped. She’s sporting an ash body in transparent red with a lacquer finish, flame maple neck/finger board. The attention to detail, especially in the fretwork is out of this world. Hands down the smoothest guitar I’ve played. Ron knocked it outta the park y’all! Here’s a few pics!

Attachments

Mad Wombat

Awesome!
As another owner of a Ron Kirn instrument, I can relate - they're superb guitars. Mine is still #1 after over 5 years. I'll never sell it.
I might have to get another....

Thatoneguy1

He really does a great job! This guitar is on another level compared to my others, and at a whopping 6lbs 2oz she's a feather.

54GT

Gold Supporting Member
A beauty! It looks just like an old MIK Squier Protone I picked up in the '90s. Really good guitar, and I'm sure this one is even better given Kirn quality.

Enjoy!

Dana Olsen

Platinum Supporting Member
Very nice - love the binding too, on the Red!

Dude, you're STOKED!

Thanks for the pics, Dana O.

Thatoneguy1

I’ve been playing it an hour or so every evening, and I’m liking it more and more! So stoked! Ron set it up for 9s and it just about plays itself... effortless! And it’s so resonant, much louder than my USA standard tele.

Chrishash

Silver Supporting Member
Congrats!! I’m contemplating pulling the trigger on a Kirn Strat to finish the Fender Kirn Trinity: have a 50’s Pine Telecaster (now with Duesenburg Trem and Neck Humbucker) and a sunburst Jazzmaster. Phenomenal guitars that ruined most of everything else in that price range for me.

Thatoneguy1

Congrats!! I’m contemplating pulling the trigger on a Kirn Strat to finish the Fender Kirn Trinity: have a 50’s Pine Telecaster (now with Duesenburg Trem and Neck Humbucker) and a sunburst Jazzmaster. Phenomenal guitars that ruined most of everything else in that price range for me.
ita Going to be hard to beat, that’s for sure!

fjblair

I’ve been playing it an hour or so every evening, and I’m liking it more and more! So stoked! Ron set it up for 9s and it just about plays itself... effortless! And it’s so resonant, much louder than my USA standard tele.
Your guitar looks great. As far as the playing itself comment, my Kirn is the best playing guitar I have ever put my hands on.

Thatoneguy1

Your guitar looks great. As far as the playing itself comment, my Kirn is the best playing guitar I have ever put my hands on.
Hands down, I've had to opportunity to noodle around on a handful of very nice guitars over the years, and this one is on another level.

Ron Kirn

Platinum Supporting Member
if a water soluble grime.. apply water TO a rag, towel whatever and use that to remove it... then a good quality automotive car wax to protect it... and.. as always, keep it off anything that is a synthetic plastic/rubber material... and a lot of leather that's dyed with an aniline dye can cause color migration into the lacquer.

r

Thatoneguy1

if a water soluble grime.. apply water TO a rag, towel whatever and use that to remove it... then a good quality automotive car wax to protect it... and.. as always, keep it off anything that is a synthetic plastic/rubber material... and a lot of leather that's dyed with an aniline dye can cause color migration into the lacquer.

r
I read a bit in your booklet about the straps, the neck is starting to get some grime on the neck as I have maybe 40 hours or so on it.Does anyone have any strap recommendations?

Trending Topics