Klinger Buzz Fuzz

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by ajoel32, Feb 18, 2012.

1. ajoel32

ajoel32 Member

So, I've been hearing about this Buzzaround clone, the Klinger Buzz Fuzz. People seem to dig it, but I can't find many demos. In fact, the only one I can find is Burgs' demo. He seems to really praise it, and I really respect his ear for tone.

I was considering building a Buzzaround, but was wondering if the Klinger could be that different from a Buzzaround clone? I'm more into vintage fuzz tones, but the Burgs' demo seems to suggest the Klinger's tones are more of a modern, high gain distortion, which isn't really my thing.

I'm just curious if there are more opinions or demo's out there of this pedal.

2. ajoel32

ajoel32 Member

3. ajoel32

ajoel32 Member

4. MasterEvan07

MasterEvan07 Supporting Member

I am also curious...almost had one in a trade but it didn't work out :(

5. zosozep7

zosozep7 Gold Supporting Member

I damn near traded for one then almost bought it but Burgs was the only video i could find. I just have a hard time buying something he demos! Lol! He makes everything sound great. I wrote him and asked how he like it. His true opinion. He reponded back a few weeks later. Ill fetch him comments and post them here shortly.

6. zosozep7

zosozep7 Gold Supporting Member

Ok, here is what he wrote me. Hope he doesnt mind me doing this!

My true opinions about Shaun Klinger and his work is that he's a genius and his pedals reflect that. The pedal's that he's built for me -MKI, MKIII, Buzzaround, Octavia, Cornish G2 and several originals -are unrivalled in tone. His only flaw is that he keeps forgetting to put battery clips in them! Lol. A true sign of an eccentric. I can forgive him for that as he's a great guy, a friend, and THE best fuzz builder I've ever known. Another guy to watch is Blake Hickey of Blakemore Effects. His Deus ExMachina is a classic waiting to happen. Snap one of those puppies up before he's inundated. Interesting to note that both builders are also great guitar players. They have a special dual-talent. Rare and worth keeping in mind. Best, Brett Kingman Hope this helps. Best, Brett K.

7. Hugh house

Hugh house Member

Hey I total love this fuzz just got two weeks a go and Shuan was so nice add a knob on side on this one and it can even get killer overdrive tones. I got lucky this the last one he can make with the NOS Mullard OC76. But here the deal my new crappy insurance I have crazy co pays and I need a back fusion and hip replacement and I got come up with cash fast so it in the emporium along with other stuff I only want what paid for it and that saves you the crazy international shipping and customs. And keep in mind it the last one that will sound like the others since he used the last of the OC76 in this bad boy. I hate to do this and let it go but it tough times. I sold a lot of stuff and if you got a lunar modular deluxe mini or the big box I work you a trade.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1157048

Hugh