Klon, Barber LTD, and OCD ver.3 - What order?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by minjason, Feb 18, 2008.

1. minjason

minjason Member

Just acquired a klon and barber silver LTD off the emporium. Currently, I'm using the OCD as my go-to pedal for everything (high-gain, low-gain, solo boost, etc.) i want to leave this on my board for my med-high gain applications and use the barber ltd for low-gain stuff. any suggestions on pedal order from those of you who have used these 2 or all of these pedals together would be highly appreciated. if you could include a reason for why you would order them a certain way, that would be great too. thanks!

2. 89strat

89strat Member

I prefer using low gain after the high gain stuff, personally. I've been using an OCD as my main rythm followed by a sparkle drive as a volume and mid boost for solos.

If you're looking for a boost in gain, place it before the OCD, but you will not get any boost in volume. But for some reason, I'm not crazy with how the OCD works with other pedals.

3. eric-d

eric-d Member

LTD-OCD-Klon

LTD - low gain
    OCD - higher gain
    Klon - volume boost

4. Guitar Josh

Guitar Josh Resident Curmudgeon

I'd do Klon, OCD, LTD.

But you should experiment. I would bet an OCD at the end would be nice too.

5. minjason

minjason Member

hmm...these are all great...any others?

also, do these pedals or any of these pedals stack well together? if so, in what order?

6. Guitar Josh

Guitar Josh Resident Curmudgeon

They do. Klon and LTD stacked together might not be so pronounced, but stack either with the OCD or your amp's natural overdrive and you'll be quite pleased.