• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Klon Centaur Insanity

Jahn

Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver
Silver Supporting Member
Well, that's down from $1400-500 prices Pre-NAMM, so consider it a discount.

wundergussy

Silver Supporting Member
At this point they are collector items. There is no way to rationalize the collector mentality. Is the first pressing of Rubber Soul BETTER than the 30th? No, but it is more collectable. There are plenty of part-for-part Klones on the marke if all you want is an ovedrive.

yeah, your just an idiot to pay that much for any pedal. I'd rather upgrade my amp for that kind of money. No offense if some of you are the idiots who paid that much for this pedal but yeah, that's just dumb. The old saying a a fool and his money...

lcjc800

no boogies thanks
everything's worth what you are willing pay for it.
even to so called "idiots".....

The_Wretched

I would never spend $1,200 on a pedal. To me that is ridiculous. How much were they new? $200?? Not sure... but spending that much is dumb to me.

BluesHarp

We didnt need another klon thread. You cant add your thoughts to one of 100 threads already running?
Even your exact subject and observation has been done half dozen times.

jb4674

I'll gladly wait for the new Klon and shake my head at the poor soul that buys an old one and pays over $1000 for it.

cribcage

yeah, your just an idiot to pay that much for any pedal. I'd rather upgrade my amp for that kind of money. No offense if some of you are the idiots who paid that much for this pedal but yeah, that's just dumb. The old saying a a fool and his money...
I'm curious how much you paid for the 11 different items listed in your sig.

I'm not a Klon owner and probably never will be, so I have no dog in the fight. But cost is a very relative consideration in life, and TGP consists of a pretty self-selecting group. Everybody here has both the means and the free time to participate in an Internet forum—and of all the Internet forums available, we choose to talk about musical gear. I always think about that whenever I see somebody ragging on the price of a Klon or a Dumble or whatever: What you're saying about another guitarist's purchase, most human beings would say about yours.

Zeon45

I don't understand why people get so bent over used Klon prices. Just order the new one and be happy. People are free to ask whatever they want for the old Klons. Deal with it.

guitarpkr67

Silver Supporting Member
So what is this thread about? The Klon being expensive? I'm pretty sure that's already well known.

tdk8709

People were paying $300+ for klon clones built on a Madbean board, so $1200 for the original seems about right...

:sarcasm

wundergussy

Silver Supporting Member
A lot of times 1st presses are superior to later re-releases...
Thousands of times better?

No one paying fifteen hundred dollars for a Beatles record is doing so for the audio quality. People collect stuff. People are not idiots for spending money on things; it may be bizarre that some people HAVE enough money to casually spend thousands on goods, but their will to do so is not idiotic.

To some people, $1200 is as easy to spend as $12 is for me.

Thousands of times better?

No one paying fifteen hundred dollars for a Beatles record is doing so for the audio quality. People collect stuff. People are not idiots for spending money on things; it may be bizarre that some people HAVE enough money to casually spend thousands on goods, but their will to do so is not idiotic.

To some people, $1200 is as easy to spend as $12 is for me.
The funniest thing about that album you linked to is it ISN'T the best audio quality!

A) Its a stereo mix. Beatle audiofiles will tell you all Beatle music should be mono. Thats how the band mixed it. They would shovel the mixing responsibilities to someone else for stereo since they didn't care
B) Its a capital US record. Which means US pressing. Which means inferior plastic and groove quality. Seriously. Listen to a good UK pressing vs. a US pressing and you'll be SHOCKED at the quality difference. I don't even buy US pressings anymore, they all suck. Even canadian pressings are better!

DRS

We didnt need another klon thread. You cant add your thoughts to one of 100 threads already running?
Even your exact subject and observation has been done half dozen times.
Why should I be deprived of the pleasure of starting another thread that has been done to death? Besides, I have the added dimension of the Boogie link;)

Trending Topics