KLON Me!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Mr.Hanky, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Mr.Hanky

Mr.Hanky Supporting Member

Just wanted to see how many happy or unhappy Klon owners are out there.
    I ordered one a few weeks ago and am stoked to hear what the buzz is all about.

2. zadiqof

zadiqof Member

I swear by mine. Ive had ts9's, 808's, a matchless hotbox, big muff, tried some fulltones, etc etc, the whole bag, and it takes the cake. I wouldn't put anything else in front of my Matchless'.

3. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

Order it new?
    How long a wait were you told?
    My bud was on the list for over nine months when we was told four months at first, then when he wanted his money back...it took a fight.
    Congrats...always wanted to try one.

4. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

Great pedal. Not a Tubescreamer, just it's own thing. I was playing one into a Sansamp, just recording direct tonite and getting great hard rock (Van Halen, Ozzy) tone with a ceramic pickup Explorer. OTOH it'll do a sweet clean boost into a Vox or Fender amp. Very useful and flexible...

5. eric-d

eric-d Member

I've had mine for years... It's not going anywhere..... I'd rather be homeless with my Klon than to ever see it go.

6. Just1more

Just1more Member

I just received mine last week. Bill said 6-8 weeks & it was right around 7 weeks. I had been borrowing one of the originals with the Centaur graphic.
    A/B'd them & they sound the same to my ears. I am using it with a '68 plexi Superbass 100 watt. It sounds great, & is my fave boost/od of all time.

7. esoteric pete

esoteric pete Member

i have klon #308. its not leaving my side. great boost/OD flavors all around. they really are great pedals....

8. playon

playon Supporting Member

9. ToneRanger

ToneRanger Member

I've always had gas for the Klon, but the price & size have just been too much for me. Maybe some day, but at the moment I'm terribly happy with my Hot Cakes, and Timmy is on the way too, so the Klon will have to wait. If I hit the lotto at some point it would be fun just to have the Klon as a status symbol ;)

10. Telecaster

Telecaster Member

hmmm....LegendaryTones = Time Machine Boost.
    I think it's "somewhat not-done" to put a review of competitors' products on your site.

11. newstrat60

newstrat60 Member

good call :jo :AOK

12. DonW

DonW Velocity Town Angel Silver Supporting Member

Bought mine used and received it Monday. Performs great. I'm really happy with how it improves the tone in my amp. Always dug my amp, just like it even more with the Klon.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. ToneRanger

ToneRanger Member

I think the Klon is one of the coolest looking pedals out there.. Dont get how the reviewer didnt like the looks. Does it really have to be shiny?

14. Mr.Hanky

Mr.Hanky Supporting Member

Thanks guys, I have heard from enough real world people to justify trying one, I really don't care what one "reviewer" has to say. Plus, it will not be hard to move if it is not for me.

Bill told me the current wait is about 8 weeks but it is going back to 12 cause he can't work at the current pace he is going at. I'm in no rush.

15. teddy boy

teddy boy Member

Gents,

The Klon seems to be a real classic. Since 1994 and still going strong with a backorder of 12 weeks! Jeez.

Are all new Centaurs shiny? I've seen brownish ones too. And where has the picture of the centaur gone?

16. Phil M

Phil M Member

I agree they look great, especially the non-gold ones like Hamertoe's. I've never had the opportunity to try one, but I have seen Gov't Mule and every time Warren Haynes would go for a the heavier sound he'd step on something or roll his volume up and the tone would just get massive. I've wondered if it was the Klon driving his amp a little more.

17. tocs100

tocs100 Member

That really is impressive! It gives me hope as an effects designer. BTW, does anyone know what # the pedals are up to now, roughly? 2,000-3,000?:RoCkIn

18. ToneRanger

ToneRanger Member

Yep dudes, there really seems to be something about the Klon. When I first got into boutique pedals I checked out mainly Hot Cake and Klon, there weren't that much stuff available at the moment. Jekyll & Hyde and stuff like that were big at the moment as well. Ended up with the Hot Cake as it was said to do the same thing as Klon, but it was noticeably cheaper.. Still jonesing for the Klon, although it's really impractical with its big size and the big dollar price. But it sure would be cool to try one out! And I'm sure it's easy to get rid of it, it's such a big name pedal.
    Yes, really would like to know how many have been made until now??

19. Don L

Don L Member

Possibly the best boost pedal I've tried thus far.

20. ABKB

ABKB Member

Have yet to get a Klon, but it's on my wish list. No doubt it's a classic. I know some folks kinda get turned off by the non-true-bypass thing, but I am ok with it. Of the bad reviews I have seen, most of them are trying to use it as a distortion pedal, which I do not believe it is or was ever meant to be. I think (and not having one I cant say for sure) it is probably better as a solo boost when the distortion is already on.