Klon ordering help...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Coach, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Coach

Coach Senior Member

The Klon site doesn't work for me and after unblocking every sort of firewall I can I still cannot get through. Is there another way I can order?

Do Klons still come with the silver casing?

2. lcjc800

lcjc800 Member

You must call Bill Finnegan at 617 666 1551 to order a KLON. Best time, he states, is in the AM (eastern) to place your order. Price, I believe, is $329.00 plus shipping and you are able to jump forward on the waiting list, I am told for, a $75.00 fee. He will ask all sorts of questions to see if the KLON is a good fit for you, so tell him where you're at and he will recommend a KLON , or not. Hope this helps. Yes they are available in silver and gold.

3. keith_t4e

keith_t4e Member

I want one too; however, my fulltone ocd is holding me over nicely until I get the Klon. Everybody who is anybody has a Klon.

4. 57special

57special Member

it's sorta like the Seinfeld episode where Elaine interviews her boyfriends to see whether they are "sponge worthy". You have to be deemed "Klon worthy"

5. orogeny

orogeny Supporting Member

Can someone tell me if you must pre-pay for the Klon? I know that this is not true for other pedals that have a waiting period, but seem to believe that the Klon is an up-front scenario. . . . I don't want to waste Bill's phone time asking such a simple question that can likely be answered here.

Thanks

6. TheWarmth

TheWarmth Member

Yeah, you won't be on the list until he receives a check from you. However, he didn't cash my check until he shipped the unit. I'm not sure if that's how he always does it or not. You should ask him. He's easy to talk to, so don't hesitate to ask questions.

7. TheWarmth

TheWarmth Member

Also, you can place an order using paypal through the Perfect Note, but ONLY if you haven't already spoken with Bill directly:

http://www.tpngear.com/klon.htm

8. orogeny

orogeny Supporting Member

Thanks a lot. . .

9. puddinstone

puddinstone Supporting Member

What's the wait like on these things? What if you "jump ahead" for the extra 75$?

10. GDking

GDking Member

My only complaint with the whole Klon process was the shipping. He is really adamant about it and will only ship to a business address. Which is not good for some people because for one reason or another, a lot of us cannot receive packages at work.

It kind of put me on the spot when he called to say it is ready as I had no idea this was the case, he never mentioned it to me till the unit was ready to be shipped. Moral of the story, make sure to have a BUSINESS address all lined up for him to ship it to.

It is not a big deal if you have everything lined up in advance. The rest of the sale, customer support, and accessibility of Bill from Klon was fantastic I would buy from again.

11. puddinstone

Business address? So....you have to work to buy this pedal? I don't get it... Would a PO Box work?

12. Herf

Herf Member

No. He will only ship to a business address. Since I was working out of town when he was ready to ship, I had him send it to friend at their work address. He readily agreed to that.

13. puddinstone

That's a huge pain in the......for me. I'm a full time musician so I don't have a business address nor do my friends.... :messedup

Maybe the used market is the way to go for me....

14. phoenix 7

phoenix 7 Silver Supporting Member

Sorta - but not exactly. Bill just wants to be sure that the Klon will work well with your guitar and amp rig. You don't have to play guitar for him over the phone and show your qualifications or anything like that.

15. Ramhead

Ramhead Member

Do you have to show him your birth certificate and DNA test results of you and your children written with gold paint on ancient piece of paper in process of KLON oredering? :messedup

and what's with this BS :

"He will ask all sorts of questions to see if the KLON is a good fit for you"

Is he guitar pedal builder or some sort of psychotherapist? Is he going to perform a plastic surgery on your face or sell you a overhyped overdrive?

16. onemind

onemind Member

Why would you disparage the guy for wanting too know how you will use the pedal and taking the time to discuss how it fits into your rig? Personally I think this is value added. And frankly it's not (as you say) "a overhyped overdrive" Though it might be an overpriced overdrive.

17. carlygtr56

carlygtr56 Senior Member

The whole process IMO, is a joke.

18. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

Please explain? It seems like an inconsistency, where one pedalmaker or places quirks are okay, while another they are "a joke".

It's possible I am misinterpreting, and also possible I am guilty of the same thing, but from your comment I can't tell what you mean is a "joke"?

19. carlygtr56

carlygtr56 Senior Member

I'd call being told that the pedal has to be shipped to a business address, AFTER a long (waste of time) "interview" is a joke. Had I known that slight "quirk" in the deal, I would have hung up before my "interview". This MAJOR inconverience is due to maybe losing ONE or TWO pedal in many years and who knows how many made.

The $75 "jump" fee also screams of BS.

20. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

I'm not attacking you, or even saying it is right or anything...just having read your position on say a builder that won't ship to non-EU european countries, that takes (or just took...I think that is changing) money up front, and is not able to meet the announced deadlines, and the answer is "yeah, but you can get your money back", and is too swamped to reply, I find it strange. It would seem like it ought to be either/or.

But you seem to be dinging this maker, and of the opinion the other one is just fine.