Klon + Pedal Power 2+

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Madsman, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Madsman

Madsman Member

Do I just use the included 1/8" to barrel plug that came with the PP2+ or does the Klon need something different? I don't want to fry the thing, and I obviously didn't get a manual with it.

2. webb

webb Member

I've got the older pp2. The supplied 1/8" barrel works fine.

3. eric-d

eric-d Member

I thought the Klon was Positive Tip like a Fulltone 69? Maybe I'm just :NUTS and have always thought that for some reason.

4. Frethog

Frethog Member

No. You'll need this: #2 on this page but more specifically, Switchcraft part #780:

http://www.switchcraft.com/products/jack-140.html

You can either solder it on to a Boss PSA 120-T adapter, or try it on one of the PP2 cables. I've also heard that you can simply e-mail Voodoolab and request a new cable with the proper tip for no charge. I haven't tried that yet, but I might still.

I just soldered the tip onto a Boss adapter in case I wanted to use the Klon by itself, away from the rest of the board. The Klon swallows 9-volts whole. Tastes like chicken.

5. Madsman

Madsman Member

I have the Klon's adaptor. I'd just like to do PP2+ if possible. This is different than the barrel to 1/8" cable that comes with the PP2+? I'm getting conflicting information here, which is why I was concerned. :)

6. stinkfoot

stinkfoot Member

The 1/8" cable that comes with the Pedal Power should work just fine. That cable has a center negative 2.1mm plug at the PP2 end, and a tip positive 1/8" plug at the pedal end.

/Andreas

7. Sean Doty

Sean Doty Member

stinkfoot is right.

I use the cord that came with the PP2 that had a 1/8 on one end - it works great!

8. TomK

TomK Member

There are actually two different tips available for 1/8" - actually referred to as "Japanese" and "American". It is a very subtle difference in the shape of the tip. Either style plug will "work" in the other jack but it may not lock or seat properly. I have found the best thing with the Klon is to use the Switchcraft p/n recommended. It is available from Mouser.com

9. kaseri

kaseri Member

The supplied 1/8 jack that comes with the Pedal Power 2+ works perfectly. I use it with my Klon. Works perfectly.