Klon Sale-A-Thon

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by rex kwon do, Sep 14, 2006.

1. rex kwon do

rex kwon do Member

Is it just me, but it seems as if many TGP'ers are selling of their beloved Klon Centaur pedals - I thought this was the "holy grail" of overdrive/boost pedals?

By the way, I think they sound fantastic and I have a friend that has a very, very early model. Is everyone just cashing out right now?

2. Grant Ferstat

Grant Ferstat Some guy in obscure bands in a far away place... Silver Supporting Member

Not me!

3. Stressfest

Stressfest Supporting Member

4. eric-d

eric-d Member

Well #2269 is staying here.....

5. CBeeper

CBeeper Supporting Member

Mine stays.....It loves everything I put in front of it.

6. Patrick Ginnaty

Patrick Ginnaty Member

I had an early Klon... I was trying to use it between my LP and Bassman ri, but it didn't do it for me, and I sold it early on, the Bassman too.

Now I use a modded SFDR with a Fulldrive II in front, this rig does it for me.

7. zzz

zzz Member

It makes my tone sound great for it just being there! So its staying.
    Hey Realfi I know you're from WA, Blue Shaddy just left CI and we had a great time while they were here. Jim (the guitarist) used my Klon when his board stop working! Just wondering how you rate them (Blue Shaddy).

8. Jeff Flowerday

Jeff Flowerday Member

You'll have to pry mine out of my dead hands!

9. onemind

onemind Member

I think it's just the 'easiest' thing to sell, 'gas' is indeed a harsh mistress. If I need +400 in paypal to pick up that guitar I was dying for...I might consider it.... Nahhhh!

10. onemind

onemind Member

I just scrolled down and saw a thread for another one... new theory, when the really overpri- I mean expensive one was posted this morning. everyone else who was teetering posted to get the rebound.

11. rex kwon do

rex kwon do Member

Well, at least the Klon isn't in "Way-Huge Price" territory - but I'm glad to hear you guys out there holding on to them. They're pretty hard to beat.

Speaking of Way Huge, I remember selling my Green Rhino, Serial #34, for $425 about 4 years ago and I had sellers remorse. Not because I thought it sounded great, but I thought maybe I was gouging a buyer.

Now that person got a decent deal...

12. Lefty

Lefty Member

Seeing as the market is "flooded" with them, it made me reconsider selling mine. I don't use it, but I'm sure I would miss it when it's gone.

13. DonW

DonW Velocity Town Angel Silver Supporting Member

I loved mine. I sold it when I a/b'ed it with another pedal that operated on the exact same plane. It's true, they're out there but there's no denying the Klon is a keeper for the majority that have tried it.

14. Funky Monkey

Funky Monkey Member

I got my Klon while I was recently looking for a low-gain OD and thought it would be wise to try as many as I could. And I sold it simply because I preferred something else, that's all. I never went into it thinking it was the holy grail, just that it was a good one to try.

15. lcjc800

lcjc800 Member

A few months back I traded #1406 for a KoTv4, the KLON had cost me $300 5yrs ago. I replaced it with one off Ebay for $376 shipped, a week later. There is no way of telling what anything is worth minute to minute. A new KoT is $225 if you can get one and a KLON is $329, within a week of receiving the KoT there was one on Ebay for over $800, and there are KLONs in the emporium now for well over $400, sellers market, doesn't make it easy, just available!:crazyguy

16. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

A lot of times people buy expensive pedals like this with no real intention of keeping them. If it's easy to flip people buy it, try it, and sell it (usually for a profit).

17. JackButler

JackButler Supporting Member

HA dan old one, sold it, knew a Klonw ould "be the tone" for my new amp...got one on here and low and behold...it is the one for my newest amp! No matter what, I plan to keep this one around for a long time.

18. phoenix 7

phoenix 7 Silver Supporting Member

Mine's staying put. Can't imagine ever parting with it.

19. jerrytrey

jerrytrey Member

I'm afraid of buying it and then falling in love with it. $450 is a steep buy!

But the addiction to tone....is so.....sooooo... :messedup

20. basscracker

basscracker Guest

Centaur is $344.00,$344.00 plus shipping if you buy it from ThePerfectNote.man i wish i bought one way back when they were $280.00 something :jo.