Kluson Locking Tuners - Les Paul

AD

Platinum Supporting Member
I'm looking for some input on locking tuners for a '57RI - I don't want to mod teh headstock so looking at the Kluson vintage type tuners (or other?)

Anyone tried them? Is there an on-line dealer that carries them? - thanks

AaeCee

Silver Supporting Member
Don't deface your 57! You'll immediatley kill some of its value. Why do you want lockers? Does it have a Bigsby? If so, I understand. But if you get slippage just from your monster bends, check the way you string...there may be a more secure method. But then again (thinking aloud now), IF someone makes a direct-no-alterations-exact-size locking tuner replacement, well nevermind.

Mr.Hanky

Originally posted by AaeCee
Don't deface your 57! You'll immediatley kill some of its value. Why do you want lockers? Does it have a Bigsby? If so, I understand. But if you get slippage just from your monster bends, check the way you string...there may be a more secure method. But then again (thinking aloud now), IF someone makes a direct-no-alterations-exact-size locking tuner replacement, well nevermind.
What he said. I have no tuning issues with either of my LP's.

What is the problem anyhow?

gregc

Silver Supporting Member
Geez, it's not a real 57, it's a RI. These were built & bought to be played! Screw value on a RI. Mod it if you need for your purposes and play the hell out of it!
IMO,
gregc

TAVD

Guitar Player
I have some Grover cam lock tuners like the ones you're considering. They really are the worst locking tuners I've used, and I've tried them all. In fact, my non-locking tuners stay in tune better. The locking tuners with the thumb screw on the back work so much better.

AD

Thanks for the feedback - I guess i'll wait - Apparently a new product is coming out soon to fill this need..

Trending Topics