• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Knob Drift

pbguitarman06

Hey guys!

I'm having a problem, and not sure if anyone else is bugged by this but me. See, the knobs on my pedals seem to be sliding/drifting out from where I set them. I don't have an overly sloped board, and all of the pots are pretty stiff. It's not just one pedal, but all of them. Maybe the vibrations are just pulling them one way or another?

Is anyone else noticing/having a similar problem? It may just be an annoyance on my part.

frisco

Gold Supporting Member
Rubber O-rings between the knobs and the pedal housing will prevent this. Lowe's, Home Depot have any size you should need. Or better yet, get them from your local independent store, if it still survives.

PEImatrix

Rubber O-rings between the knobs and the pedal housing will prevent this. Lowe's, Home Depot have any size you should need. Or better yet, get them from your local independent store, if it still survives.
Oh that's a great idea. The chicken head knobs on my AD99 are always movin around.

Thanks

kludge

The droid you're looking for
Do you have pets? My dogs step on my pedalboard all the time and move the knobs around.

Small rubber bands or O-rings underneath the knobs are your friends.

jbird327

Sometimes I place a piece of gaffer's tape over the knobs. Not the best solution but if I don't have to change them during the gig, it works fine.

Trending Topics