Knopfler. Tracker.

bagpipe

Did we already have a discussion on this video of Mark Knopfler recording Tracker? Hopefully not!

So much old recording gear and vintage instruments on this video! And that other thing? Oh yes

talent!

zerocharisma

So good...thanks for sharing that! Knopfler is one of my all-time favorites. He has impeccable taste and an impeccable touch.

Terry Hayes

I listened to Tracker yesterday after not hearing it for awhile. The song "Basil" - what a beautiful melody and bittersweet lyrics.

Last edited:

mattyfraza

Nice! I read something years ago about Mark. There was a recession at the time in GB and he had to decrease his income, down to $56,000 a week!

tiktok

Silver Supporting Member
Did we already have a discussion on this video of Mark Knopfler recording Tracker? Hopefully not!

So much old recording gear and vintage instruments on this video! And that other thing? Oh yes

talent!

As I recall, they also built a Faraday Cage around the tracking room so that they could use single coil pickups without most of the hum or having to sit in a particular orientation.

tiktok

Silver Supporting Member
Nice! I read something years ago about Mark. There was a recession at the time in GB and he had to decrease his income, down to $56,000 a week!
It's amazing what a few decades of high-selling albums and soundtrack work will do for the mailbox money fund with one of those "evil record company" contracts.

Trending Topics