Knut Reiersrud?

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Carltone, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Carltone

Carltone Gold Supporting Member

Anybody hip to this Norwegian blues and jazz cat? I got a great iTunes download with Knut and Bugge W today called "gitar" and it's really on another level... Very soulful and deep... If you're looking for some new deep roots music, check out Knut!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  2. Carltone

Carltone Gold Supporting Member

3. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

I've seen him a few times here in Norway. Once in a town here called Drammen where I got to talk with him just briefly. Very cool guy.
    Have seen him at Nottodden Blues festival, and he is just a crazy great musician. I couldn't see what it was but he played around with an echo unit (might have been a Linn, looked like he had circuit bent the thing, but man he delivered.

I have most of his CDs, and they are really great. He even did a cover of "God Don't Ever Change", which I never thought anyone could or should do since blind Willie Johnson wrote and killed that song (sick fine slide on the original and killer lyrics) but Knut took it and made it slightly Indian and it worked.

He played that one album in a huge cathedral with a fantastic organist, and really is a true artist.