1. zach5150

zach5150 Guest

Hi,
    I was wondering if anybody out there is familiar w/ the circuitry of a Koch Twintone, or has a schematic? Mine's acting funny and I want to get it fixed up. Basically, it's got a wierd distiortion sound, but it's not the tubes or the bias....I think it might have something to do w/ the speaker out jack....I tried to replace all the crappy, broken, plastic jacks w/ switchcraft, and ran into other problems....so, I went to put it all back together as original so I could figure out what might be causing my problem ( I dont even remember now what problem I ran into, this was a while back!), but when I put the plastic jacks back in, I think I might have put a regular (hot/ground) jack in place of where there should be a hot/ground/switch type jack. This amp has a built in power soak, so I'm not sure exactly how the speaker out circuit is laid out, and how the powersoak is connected- but anyway....what I'd like to do is, go back to the switchcraft jacks, but I need the schematics to make sure 1) I use the right style jack this time, and 2) make sure I hook it up right this time!
    Thanks
    Zach

2. Roe

Roe Member

ask rolf koch

3. zach5150

zach5150 Guest

How do I get in touch w/ him? Is he a member of TGP? I sent an email to Koch a while back (just the main address on the website).....didnt hear anything back.
    Thanks for the reply...

4. Droffie

Droffie Member

Hi
    Just sent a reminder to him.
    It's Dolf Koch by the way.

5. zach5150

zach5150 Guest

Does anybody have his email address? I prefer using that instead of the "info AT koch....." address......
    thanks
    zach

6. Droffie

Droffie Member

Sorry, can't help you there.

You might want to spend a phone call on it.

7. FrogRick12

FrogRick12 Member

Hi Zach,

The North American distributor for Koch Amplification is Audionova Inc. in Dorval, Quebec, Canada.

You can get in touch with them at:

sales@audionova.ca

or

1 (514) 631-5787

The president of Audionova is Mike van Stiphout - he will look after you!

Let me know if I can help.

Dave

8. zach5150

zach5150 Guest

Cool! Thanks for the info...i'll give 'em a call tomorrow. I emailed Dolf Koch and friends today....hopefully, i'll get it sorted out.

Thanks for all the replies everyone!

9. Roe

Roe Member

my experience is that koch answers about half of the mails

10. teddys

teddys Member

I too had excellent results with Audio Nova when my Pedaltone had some issues.

11. jaymeister

jaymeister Member

I have sent emails to them at info@koch-amps.com , and heard back next day. They are great. They are not likely to respond to a request for a schematic, but should at least direct you to the local authorized distributor or repair center.