Koko Boost as Treble Boost?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by oasis02, Apr 1, 2015.

1. oasis02

oasis02 Member

Does the Koko work as a treble boost in the "Heavy Clean Boost" setting?

The description says it transforms a slightly overdriven amp into a hi-gain hard rock machine.

I think I hear similar traits, but I'm not entirely certain if you could forego a true treble boost in this setting.

The idea is to boost a plexi-style amp in a "Rangemaster" fashion...

Any help from owners would be appreciated.

2. We'llDoItLive

We'llDoItLive Member

I think the koko easily replaces a treble booster - I actually replaced my naga viper with one. I set the switch for the high-frequency mids setting and it has similar slicing tone as the naga, but with a lot less noise. Running it at 18v is s must for me too.

3. Smashies

Smashies Supporting Member

Subscribed. Also interested how it compares to germanium-based treble boosters. We'llDoItLive has opined it can do what the Naga Viper does, and by many accounts the Naga Viper, which doesn't use germanium (silicon, perhaps?), has very similar qualities to the Analogman Beano Boost and Keeley Java Boost. Perhaps the transitive property of equality could kick in here re: Koko Boost and other germanium-based treble boosters.

:munch

4. NewDr.P

NewDr.P Member

I really don't think so.

There's nothing clean or transparent about a treble booster.

There's an extremely common misconception as to what treble boosters are. The name is misleading but they couldn't be further from what I just read of the description of what the koko boost is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk