Sold Koll Duo Glide!

pirateflynn

Silver Supporting Member
The Mighty Koll Duo Glide!

SOLD! shipped and PayPal'd in the Continental USA.

Gorgeous!

EDITED: see specs in post 3! Thanks!

2016 Saul Koll build! In very good condition. I think of it as excellent but have a look at the pictures and description to help you decide. Comes with a black and a white pickguard. Your choice!

You've read those threads here on The Gear Page about the one that got away. The guitar you sold and truly miss? I'm reluctant to put this Koll up because I'm worried this might be that guitar for me.

Short story. I have two Koll Duo's that are so similar and one has to go. I love them equally but this one has more crossover with the other guitars I'm using in the studio. I'll take the funds and apply it to my recording budget.

This guitar is nothing short of amazing. It has a crisp and warm tone to it acoustically and authority once plugged in. I sent it to Saul because I thought the bridge pickup was a little weaker than the neck pickup. He agreed and had Curtis Novak rewind both pickups. The result was excellent! I'd say they are a bit P90-ish now. A really great playing and sounding guitar.

Please ask all questions before purchase.
This guitar is sold As-Is with No Returns.
Continental USA only. No trades.

It is in very good condition. I photographed a few indentations I could find. They are small but there. Also, the finish is thin and has sunk into the grain of the wood here and there. This is natural and looks cool. You might find a few hairline scratches and there is a small amount of rash on the back, about the size of a quarter, probably from a button on the previous owner's favorite shirt. These are hard to see. Certainly nothing through the wood or serious but they are there if you look closely. The frets have a small amount of wear in the cowboy chord area. Check the picture. The guitar plays flawlessly.

Original case in very good condition, plus some case candy (pictured).

This is an excellent handmade guitar by one of the best!

Reverb link: https://reverb.com/item/32717630-koll-duo-glide-2016-red

SoundCloud link:

Last edited:

pirateflynn

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks, @Zen_Guitar !

Specs:

BODY: Chambered mahogany with flat maple top

NECK: Mahogany, set neck, medium C shape

HEADSTOCK: Macassar ebony veneer w/Koll pearloid inlay

FINISH: Nitrocellulose lacquer

NUT WIDTH: 1.687" hand-cut unbleached bone

BINDING: single layer on top, fretboard, and headstock

FRETBOARD: Rosewood, 10" to 14" compound radius

FRETS: Jescar .090 x .055 medium jumbo

TUNERS: Schaller G Series Keystones

Novak Gold Foils

SCALE: 24.625"

About 7 lbs.

Last edited:

pirateflynn

Silver Supporting Member
I have a solid offer on Reverb. I'll probably accept it before tomorrow morning.
I'd rather sell on TGP to avoid the fees.

SOLD! Shipped and PayPal'd will get it done. Don't delay if you're serious. Thanks!

- Ken

Last edited:

Trending Topics