Koll

T-bone

Got my first Koll(Korina Tornado) yesterday and I'm floored!
Fit finish and TONE are off the charts.

joek86

Silver Supporting Member
Cool pickguard and of course guitar! What type of neck PUP is that?

Joe

joek86

Silver Supporting Member
T-bone said:
HD Z90

By the way I left work early yesterday too:RoCkIn

Hey, I'll work through headaches, vomiting, flu, colds, diarhea, etc, but when a Koll shows up .....gotta leave! LOL

erksin

How does that pup combo sound? That's the combo I'm thinking of going with for my Koll Superior - the Z-90 neck is such a great pickup...

raz

sosomething said:
I want a Koll in the most painful way.
Umm...uh...okay, I'm SO tempted to crack a bad joke here, but I'm just gonna leave it alone.

I had the distinct pleasure of meeting and having a couple beers with Saul a couple of months ago. Now I want a Koll too...but I'd prefer it in the normal way.

iainmc

1 question, 2 observations & a supplemental question

- Whats the specs - pickups/bridge, headstock/scale/blah blah?
- i love the electroflux kinda matches the pickguard line so the strip of wood is the same width all the way thru.
- the neck join is glued - he whittles it down & at least on the tornado i had it was super fluid.
- Has anyone notice the saul stories all start with "i had a beer with saul"? thats a lot of pbr. good dude to have a beer with tho'

/i

katuna

Gold Supporting Member
iainmc said:
the saul stories all start with "i had a beer with saul"? thats a lot of pbr. good dude to have a beer with tho'

/i
Yeah - but after a few of em he gets just like Frank Booth. It's kind of scary when you're alone with him in the spray booth.

sashjo

questione for ya,

about that electroflux pickup. fendery? gibson like? neither. p-90 ish? there own thing. i've never heard one. just curious.
thanks,
jc

T-bone

erksin said:
How does that pup combo sound? That's the combo I'm thinking of going with for my Koll Superior - the Z-90 neck is such a great pickup...
They sound great together.Full and beefy yet still has an airy shimmer to the tone. The PUPs also sound great on there own but I have a feeling I'll be spending most of my time with them both on!

T-bone

iainmc said:
1 question, 2 observations & a supplemental question

- Whats the specs - pickups/bridge, headstock/scale/blah blah?
- i love the electroflux kinda matches the pickguard line so the strip of wood is the same width all the way thru.
- the neck join is glued - he whittles it down & at least on the tornado i had it was super fluid.
- Has anyone notice the saul stories all start with "i had a beer with saul"? thats a lot of pbr. good dude to have a beer with tho'

/i
Headstock-Tornado
Finish/type/color-Saul called this Wheat

Facecap:- ebony veneer.
Standard Scale Length 24.625”
Tuning machines: Sperzels,
locking
Nut: width/type-1 11/16"
Neck material:
Kornia
Fingerboard material/radius: Rosewood Board 12-14R
Frets/type/# 141 med/jumbo
Neck shape: Sauls Standard
Inlay/position markers:DotsMOP
Overall body material:Korina
Bridge/tailpiece/ Trem:Hipshot Contour vibrato
Pickguard:Luthier’s choice. Saul cut this just for this guitar because of reverse angle Electro.
Control layout:VOLUME/TONE/
Switch: standard do you want the Switch in the LP position? YES
Pots/#/value/and type:Standard
Pickups electroflux(bridge) and HDZ90 (Neck
Knobs:chrome domes

Trending Topics