1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Komet 18W?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Joern Venaas, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Joern Venaas

Joern Venaas Member

I just read about a prototype. Tell me it has enough gain (no od-pedal wanted), and seperated bass, mid, treble eq pots? Please,please,please.

Joern

2. hogy

hogy Member

It has too much gain and not enough knobs (no separate EQ).

Seriously, Ulysses was a bit quick out the gate there, it's not completely finished yet, although it is up and running.

I'll post more info in the Manufacturer's Forum when it's ready (give me a couple more months).

Oh and it's a 19 Watter (one more) :D

Hogy

3. The Last Rebel

The Last Rebel Member

Awesome! Just last night I was thinking how awesome a low-wattage Komet would be! Is it still going to be in the Trainwreck vein? I'm excited!

4. Shark Sandwich

Shark Sandwich Member

this is good news, I've always wanted a Komet but knew the current offerings were just too powerful for me; I'll be waiting anxiously for this one!

5. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

Cool beans, Hogy!
    Can't wait to try one out. I know a few people have been asking for a lower wattage Komet...

6. Shark Sandwich

Shark Sandwich Member

one more item for the 'wish list' since this amp is still in production: please offer an all-tolex version like the original Komet and the black Concorde: I'm not crazy about wood panels on amps.

7. Ulysses

Ulysses Member

I have the prototype here at home right now and I don't know how much I can blab but as far as gain goes, it is completely off the charts. I'm going to do a soundclip if OK with Hogy. I already experimented with tracks for about 2 hours last night and honestly couldn't quit playing. I played an outdoor gig this afternoon and sweated to the point my fingers got soft and trashed the top layer of skin so I'm too sore to do a clip justice right now. Otherwise I would track tonight. Shut me up if necessary Hogy but it is also quite a bit off the beaten 18w path as far as the voice and the options to achieve it. It will do a very respectable Marshall voice but MUCH better behaved on all counts, ESPECIALLY when rolling down to chord. This is one thing I haven't been able to do as well with 18 watters as I'd like. The Komet18 has a very giving touch when digging in and plenty of big fat overdrive, super firm touch with at a medium attack with no lack of touch control, then... I can back off my guitar's volume to about 6 and get crazy clean, chimey chords with much more beef than you would expect from EL84's. This is what I basically sat there doing for a couple of hours last night in mild disbelief and will certainly capture this on the clip. In four words, it's lot's of fun.

8. wsaraceni

wsaraceni Supporting Member

NEED MORE INFO!!!!!!! a couple months? :Devil

9. Colt

Colt Member

yeah, no ****, I need more info. Stat. haha :)

Super cool to hear about this.

10. wstsidela

wstsidela I'm bonafied Gold Supporting Member

I'm in!! Where do I send my deposit?

11. v-verb

v-verb Supporting Member

ditto:bow

12. Colt

Colt Member

yeah, me too.

13. Richards

Richards Member

I remember stating this in a Komet head months ago[+ other members as well], "......I wish they would build low wattage amps, like , i.e 15W , 18W, 20+W". Thats great news Komet!! OMG EL84's !!! defribulator needed please!!

....................ditto here as well, where do I send my deposit?

Cheers, Richards

14. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

First person I thought of right here :D:crazyguy

15. Richards

Richards Member

Cheers Marko! , you remember us discussing this a long time ago...."love Komets, but they need amps in the low wattage range..."

Last edited: Jun 30, 2008
  16. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

Yup! I remember us discussing this a long time ago! You're the one that brought it up first, whilst I was blabbing on about the higher wattage stuff :D

Can't wait to check one of these out!

17. Luke Gibson

Luke Gibson Silver Supporting Member

This is great news!!!

18. BluePowder

BluePowder Member

I want one already!!!!

19. Joern Venaas

Joern Venaas Member

I hope it`s not a low watt version of a Constellation. That`s the only Komet amp I don`t have. The one I tried was great for vintage crunchy power chords, but not for leads. It had lots of sustain, but not a full and fat midrange leadtone, like in the Concorde and K60.

20. mmasters

mmasters Senior Member

Hey Hody,

Is it a much a different animal than the other Komets or just a lower powered version? Any idea on a ballpark price?

Really excited on this one!! :)