Komet 19 on order for November!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by arcguitaro, Jul 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glide

Glide Member

This hit the nail on the head and is exactly what I meant by "ouch".

I'm waiting on serial 1 and I don't mind waiting at all for a nice wood front like the concorde, or any other things that might be on the amp. As far as I am concerned take as much time as you need - no rush at all.

I think that the comment about streamlining things just to get something out the door as soon as possible came across as sort of generic to me.

2. tonio19

tonio19 Member

Pretty hard to misread "Streamlined" my friend.
    Henry Ford did something "Similar" (don't misread that now) when he designed the assembly line for the Model T.
    Does anybody remember what old Henry was famous for saying about the Model T? No? Well, he said:
    "You can have it anyway you like, just so long as it is Black".
    He just didn't call it a "Stealth" model though.
    Well, I personally don't want a Black head, with no option for any options.
    Now how about waiting to hear back from Hogy before any more speculation about misreading any common words.
    And please spare me the what it sounds like is most important comments. DUH!!!
    It is the "Main" aspect, for sure. But not the "Only" aspect.
    I was hoping to keep this for many years, as I don't buy and sell gear weekly like some.
    And as such I would like it to be-what I want it to be- especially after putting down a deposit and waiting patiently, like all the others of course.
    Tony

3. realityczech

realityczech Senior Member

Wow!

Why dont you just give Hogy a call and spare everyone on the list the negative torpedo.
    Do you really want one of these amps?

4. hogy

hogy Supporting Member

Guys, there is nothing "generic" about this. We spent a lot of time making sure the amp is all it can be, and it is. The quality of workmanship, parts selection, tones, everything is up to the level of the "bigger" Komets. We didn't cut any corners, at all.

We're talking cosmetics here. The first batch of heads is going to be similar in look to the "stealth" Concorde. Simply because those head boxes will be the first to be finished. Custom colors, wood fronts, combos will come a bit later.

Sorry if my wording caused confusion. E-mail us with detailed questions.

Hogy, Komet Amplification

5. SReynolds

SReynolds Supporting Member

+1000

6. Luke Gibson

Luke Gibson Supporting Member

Hogy, is there any info or clips on your website regarding the Komet 19? I have a feeling one would look and sound incredible with this cab & ax.... I'd love to hear one if possible. Thanks!

[​IMG]

7. 20forSeven

20forSeven Member

I have been hoping it would look like the Stealth Concorde so I'm a happy camper. The amp will be one of only 25 hand made amps in the world and that's too generic for some people. Wow!

8. JakeELee

JakeELee Member

I think some of the disappointment regarding cosmetic options just stem from at least some buyers who put down a deposit being told that there would "probably be a couple color choices available". People like to have things personalized sometimes. More important to some than others...

However, Hogy did address this by saying in his post from 8/07 that this amp was going to look like a smaller Concorde. It works for me.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2008
  9. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

I'm very happy with the stealth Concorde look for mine.

10. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

11. wsaraceni

wsaraceni Supporting Member

i thought it was known pretty early on that it was going to look like the concorde. i asked for red or red/black but am not going to be dissapointed if that doesnt happen. its easy enough to get a custom headbox later or if they start to offer it as an option to order one from them later. i dont get why there its such a big deal. you cant order stuff sight unseen and then complain about the sight later :D

12. wsaraceni

hogy, i know its been debated on this forum. do you tend to use matched tubes for the phase inv in the komets? seems matches NOS tubes are a little harder to come by.

13. teleamp

teleamp Senior Member

+1, I would love to have one. No options were stated, so I was assuming the first batch would all be the same. And, I have never seen an ugly Komet. Plus the price, the 19 is a bargain for a Komet.

14. teleamp

teleamp Senior Member

I wouldn't worry about putting a NOS in the PI position, V1 is the place to use one. Save the balanced tubes for hifi, they're kind of pointless in MI amps.

15. hogy

hogy Supporting Member

I tend to pick the tubes by ear, so I don't generally use balanced tubes for the PI only. I have to say that more often then statistically probable, the tube I pick turns out to be pretty closely balanced on the tube tester, but not always.

The K19 is sounding really good with Sovtek LPS preamp tubes and we don't seem to have quite the hum problems we had with this tube in the past, so for the time being and with fingers crossed, that will be the tube for the production run, and we will select them by listening to them in the amp.

16. cvriz

cvriz Member

i wasnt able to place an order for the first run. i sure hope the second run doesnt take that long to get out. i cant wait to get to ultrasound to hear it.

17. wsaraceni

it really wasnt that long to get out. ulysses posted a sound clip in july. seems to me the komet guys werent even ready for it to be posted on the web. but it was posted. that puts us 6 months wait to this point. they had to finalize the circuit. setup the layout in a way that works for a "production line", get parts ordered, little tweaks i'm sure, etc. it took mesa boogie longer than that to send my dual rectifier and cabinet when i owned it just because i wanted a custom grill. (come to think of it, i always seem to try to order it custom)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/wsaraceni/gear.jpg

and this is a brand new product. seems to me like things are moving along in no time.

18. Jason Carter

Jason Carter Silver Supporting Member

I've been on a waiting list for over two years for another amp....just saying. 6 months from final prototyping to production is pretty good in my book.

19. Colt

Colt Member

Maybe it's a dangerous way of thinking, but the Boys at Komet can do no harm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.