Komet 60, gradual mode, which OD pedal?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Young Angus, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Young Angus

Young Angus Member

Hogy, can you comment on how these new Historic pots compare to the PRS pots or have you not tried them before?

2. hogy

hogy Member

I've never payed attention to the PRS pots. My yard stick are the old 1950s Centralab pots, and those Historics are really close to them.

3. Young Angus

Young Angus Member

Just one of my old'ish threads, I have to add something that I just tried and worked out really well.

I love the EGDM with my K60, and I recently got hold of an Ascend clean boost pedal to put after it for solos...I also got hold of an Analogman Beano Boost and I got to try it the other night and WOW!! I am totally spoilt for choice now but I've gotta say, the Beano Boost into a K60 on gradual mode with already a tiny bit of hair from the Komet is amazing. Kind of has this hint of fuzz to it but still just sounds like a gritty chewy gain that is just totally old school and incredible. The EGDM also is that kind of thing but there are more knobs on that and honestly I love the simplicity of the Beano Boost only having one knob and it just works nice and easy.

Both are incredible sounding, and followed by the Ascend (which I got to try live for the first time the other night too) it is perfect and works exactly how I want it to. I can't really decide which to keep on my board, guess it'll have to be both!!

4. mikoo69

mikoo69 Supporting Member

Does Komet still make the Airbrake? Does using it this way sound better than actually going through the Airbrake itself?

5. v-verb

v-verb Supporting Member

6. FOTM704

FOTM704 Member

7. hstlaurent

hstlaurent Supporting Member

8. wsaraceni

wsaraceni Supporting Member

do you use the 2 knob or 3 knob version?

9. wsaraceni

what about the komet koda? it's a little more complicated (meaning too many knobs and switches) for what I prefer, but I use it as an overdrive with my k60.

I actually use it because I set my k60 to sound one way with my humbucker guitars, and when I plug in a strat, I kick that on to make up for the loss of gain hitting the front end of the amp and a slight EQ tweak. I run it with the "power amp" section off.

FOTM704 likes this.
  10. FOTM704

FOTM704 Member

I've thought about picking one up, but I'm intimidated by it TBH!

Right now I am using an attenuator and overdriving the amp, but definitely want pedals which will either a) complement the overdriven amp and kick it into high gear, and/or b) sound like an overdriven Komet when I set my amp clean

11. wsaraceni

the KODA can do that.

FOTM704 likes this.