Komet 60 through golds

PaulE

Silver Supporting Member
Anyone running (or heard) a K60 through 2 golds?
I have an unloaded port city 2x12 and was thinking this might sound sweet.
what other speakers are your favorite for a 2x12?
Thanks

hogy

Silver Supporting Member
Those Golds are an excellent match for the Komet. They do sound stiff out of the box and take a good 100 hours to break in, then they are an entirely different and really great sounding speaker.

i recently played #11 through my Mather Cab w/1x12" Gold & it was magnificent. A 2x12 is the way i'd go if this amp were mine...

:cool:

markom89

I wonder how a 60 or a Concorde would sound through a 4x12 loaded with golds...

Was it Bill Chapin (or someone who played his rig) that said one of the best tones ever is a K60 loaded w/ RCA blackplates through a 4x12 w/ blues?

PaulE

Silver Supporting Member
I guess I gotta pony up for some golds!

Was gonna try 4 blues but I wasn't sure if I'm cool wattage wise.

Normally I tend to turn it up pretty loud-usually in the 2 o'clock range.

I have a nice 2 rock compact partial open 4x12 that sounds real nice maybe I'll try the blues too.
My Connie sounds best through the blues for me.

n4p226r

I wonder how a 60 or a Concorde would sound through a 4x12 loaded with golds...

Was it Bill Chapin (or someone who played his rig) that said one of the best tones ever is a K60 loaded w/ RCA blackplates through a 4x12 w/ blues?

ive played a komet 80 through a rivera 4x12 with 4 golds and i thought it was amazing. one of the best setups ive ever played. i slightly preferred my komet 60 through a friends vintage marshall 4x12 with old greenbacks, but the k80 through the golds definitely sounded bigger and broader.

n4p226r

I guess I gotta pony up for some golds!

Was gonna try 4 blues but I wasn't sure if I'm cool wattage wise.

Normally I tend to turn it up pretty loud-usually in the 2 o'clock range.

I have a nice 2 rock compact partial open 4x12 that sounds real nice maybe I'll try the blues too.
My Connie sounds best through the blues for me.

i've been running the k60 through a 2x12 with blues and the airbrake on 1 click (1/2 power) and havent had any issues with the speakers blowing up yet. i tend to play it pretty loud (its hard not to play the k60 loud)

hogy

Silver Supporting Member
I have a red 1970 4x12 basketweave cab that I loaded with four Celestion Blues about ten years ago. It's one of the best cabs I have, the speakers are nicely broken in and can take the K60 or Concorde all day long.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom