• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Komet 60 through golds

PaulE

Silver Supporting Member
Anyone running (or heard) a K60 through 2 golds?
I have an unloaded port city 2x12 and was thinking this might sound sweet.
what other speakers are your favorite for a 2x12?
Thanks

hogy

Those Golds are an excellent match for the Komet. They do sound stiff out of the box and take a good 100 hours to break in, then they are an entirely different and really great sounding speaker.

i recently played #11 through my Mather Cab w/1x12" Gold & it was magnificent. A 2x12 is the way i'd go if this amp were mine...

:cool:

markom89

I wonder how a 60 or a Concorde would sound through a 4x12 loaded with golds...

Was it Bill Chapin (or someone who played his rig) that said one of the best tones ever is a K60 loaded w/ RCA blackplates through a 4x12 w/ blues?

PaulE

Silver Supporting Member
I guess I gotta pony up for some golds!

Was gonna try 4 blues but I wasn't sure if I'm cool wattage wise.

Normally I tend to turn it up pretty loud-usually in the 2 o'clock range.

I have a nice 2 rock compact partial open 4x12 that sounds real nice maybe I'll try the blues too.
My Connie sounds best through the blues for me.

wsaraceni

I wonder how a 60 or a Concorde would sound through a 4x12 loaded with golds...

Was it Bill Chapin (or someone who played his rig) that said one of the best tones ever is a K60 loaded w/ RCA blackplates through a 4x12 w/ blues?
ive played a komet 80 through a rivera 4x12 with 4 golds and i thought it was amazing. one of the best setups ive ever played. i slightly preferred my komet 60 through a friends vintage marshall 4x12 with old greenbacks, but the k80 through the golds definitely sounded bigger and broader.

wsaraceni

I guess I gotta pony up for some golds!

Was gonna try 4 blues but I wasn't sure if I'm cool wattage wise.

Normally I tend to turn it up pretty loud-usually in the 2 o'clock range.

I have a nice 2 rock compact partial open 4x12 that sounds real nice maybe I'll try the blues too.
My Connie sounds best through the blues for me.
i've been running the k60 through a 2x12 with blues and the airbrake on 1 click (1/2 power) and havent had any issues with the speakers blowing up yet. i tend to play it pretty loud (its hard not to play the k60 loud)

hogy

I have a red 1970 4x12 basketweave cab that I loaded with four Celestion Blues about ten years ago. It's one of the best cabs I have, the speakers are nicely broken in and can take the K60 or Concorde all day long.

Trending Topics