Komet 60 value?

TimH

Silver Supporting Member
hey - been offered a K60 on trade but the usual sources (eBay, Reverb) aren’t providing much help on the value front.

Anyone here have an educated guess?

justin

Double Platinum Member
3-3.5K depending on condition. More if it’s loaded with NOS tubes maybe or has on of those fancy wood head shells. Seems like people list them here just under 4K to start off but that includes shipping and PayPal fees usually.

justin

Double Platinum Member
You’ll get more on Reverb than here for sure. Just search Komet 60 and filter by sold items. There was one for $2800 but most are 3-3.4 plus shipping. If it’s an in person deal 3k is fair if it’s in great condition. The quality and life left in the tubes would be useful info. Needing a retube is definitely a factor. They’re not free.

Crash-VR

Silver Supporting Member
You’ll get more on Reverb than here for sure. Just search Komet 60 and filter by sold items. There was one for $2800 but most are 3-3.4 plus shipping. If it’s an in person deal 3k is fair if it’s in great condition. The quality and life left in the tubes would be useful info. Needing a retube is definitely a factor. They’re not free.
Except for the Concord that’s been there for $2800 for quite some time.

Mejis

Silver Supporting Member
Ask if it has any writing on the chassis or in the head shell. If it’s one of early named/Ken Fischer signed ones it could be worth a fair bit more - worth taking a look for.

Thilo278

Ask if it has any writing on the chassis or in the head shell. If it’s one of early named/Ken Fischer signed ones it could be worth a fair bit more - worth taking a look for.
AFAIK, all Komet 60s have writings on the chassis and headshell. Mine does. I think, it needs to be a writing by Ken Fischer where he named the amp or something like this?
However, you are definitely right that it is worth looking for that :).

Mejis

Silver Supporting Member
AFAIK, all Komet 60s have writings on the chassis and headshell. Mine does. I think, it needs to be a writing by Ken Fischer where he named the amp or something like this?
However, you are definitely right that it is worth looking for that :).
Yeah it will be pretty obvious - sharpie with the lady’s name, date, and Ken’s signature. Sometimes the manuals are signed too. I missed springing for one when they were still the price of an unsigned K60; the last few that have come up for sale were in the 5-6k range (and I haven’t seen one for sale period in quite awhile).

There’s a fair bit of archived info about them here on TGP, but IIRC the general consensus is that they’re the same as any other K60; Ken tubed and biased them but they were all built by Hogy and Mike.

Last edited:

Trending Topics