KOMET Amp + FX Loop

Earplayer

OK i want to sell some guitars and stuff i don't need and get a Komet... the only thing that is some kind of a drawback is the lack of an loop. Some might say i am a ***** who needs a loop. But i actually use my TRex Roomate Verb a lot also some Delay...etc

So is it possible to add a FX Loop to Komet amps like the Komet 60 or the Concorde??? Or let' s say a loop that doesn' t muddy the tone probably a switchable loop... i don't have shematics nor am i experienced in tweaking amps that way.

...OK i know that amp is stripped down to its purest form to have the best tone possible... for live usage i need some Verb+Delay that with a Faustine Attent. and i would be done i think... :bong

Also what do you think about the Komet cabs and what kind of speaker do you like the best?

THX a bunch...:dude

VaughnC

Silver Supporting Member
A good FX loop would need in/out buffers which would make adding a loop pretty expensive. Besides, a loop would defeat what a Komet is designed to do. A better approach might be to use a speaker attenuator that has a line out that you could feed to your FX, then feed the FX signal to a separate amp (or 2 amps for stereo) for a wet/dry rig.

MBreinin

Silver Supporting Member
No. They don't work in those circuits and you just have to deal with it. I am like you, I like a loop. I had a Two Rock Ruby, which is a Wreck type circuit, like the Komet, and the loop was miserable. It flat out sucked. If you want to run wet effects, you need to re-amp it. There is no getting around it.

Mike

Earplayer

thank you guys - i was afraid of that answers... so no loop for the komets. a wet/dry rig is a good suggestion. :)

Ian

There's a few way to go here:

1. Dave Friedman at Racksystems can make you a simle "line-out" box that takes your amp's speaker output and taps a bit of signal to feed it to the wet effects and wet power amp.

2. A THD Hotplate provides the same line-out, plus you can attenuate your Komet at the same time and drive the output section harder without killing your ears.

3. A Faustine Phantom provides bascally the same fucntionality as the Hotplate, but with a better sounding line out, and the attenuation is apparently more pleasing (but I haven't tried it).

4. A Palmer PDI03 / PGA04 are rack unit that provide "load" and line out functions.

Cheers

FlyingVBlues

Platinum Supporting Member
Here's a simple wet/dry setup that works very well

Suhr ISO Line-Out Box -> TC G Major -> Tech21 60 watt Power Engine 1X12. You can also use a second Power Engine for a much bigger sound.

FVB

Paul86

Don't forget you have another option. A Ho/Ultimate Attenuator with a line out. I'm almost sure you can ask Mr Ho himself and he'll arrange something that suits your needs. Or you could talk to the UA guy. I've dealt with Mr Ho and he seems quite knowledgeable / professional.

nickthenail

I agree with Paul. Mr Ho is extremely accommodating and takes the time to find the best solutions to your issues.

rlh

I run a pretty large board with reverb (Nova) and delay (Empress SuperDelay) in front of my Komet 60. It works just fine. No loop, no attenuator (though I do have a Faustine on order), just great sound, and very quiet.

So, as far as I'm concerned, just forget the lack of a loop in the Komet, and just run guitar and EFX in front of the input.

Robert

cvriz

if you need a efx loop, you need a different amp. there are some really good amps w/loops , even carvin makes a good sounding efx loop. +1000 mr.rih

Trending Topics

Top Bottom