Komet Amp Thread

blazzrock

Silver Supporting Member
So something great that I just found was that slaving a Komet and going into the return of the Ambikab worked great for very low volume. Another great reason to own the Ambikab jr. I put preamps through the Ambikab and it sounded amazing. I have the Creamback 10s on mine.
I have wondered if this would work. So, could I use a Suhr Reactive Load IR, into the return of the Ambikab and essentially have attenuation/reaamping, ability to use IR’s with studio monitors and headphones , and use a delay with it as well?

leonelh7

Silver Supporting Member
I have wondered if this would work. So, could I use a Suhr Reactive Load IR, into the return of the Ambikab and essentially have attenuation/reaamping, ability to use IR’s with studio monitors and headphones , and use a delay with it as well?
I don’t understand the studio monitor and headphones part. Yes you can use your reactive load and send it to a delay then to the return of the Ambikab.

stratovarius

Silver Supporting Member
-second.jpg

I haven't tried the AmbiKab trick, but the Suhr RL IR will allow you to do that. I send the unbalanced signal to the effects and then back to the AmbiKab. That leaves the balanced signal with IR for the desk. That signal will be dry.

blazzrock

Silver Supporting Member
I don’t understand the studio monitor and headphones part. Yes you can use your reactive load and send it to a delay then to the return of the Ambikab.
Mostly just trying to get the most functionality out of the least amount of gear. The power station would cover my basic needs, but a reactive load ir and an ambikab looks like it would do what I want the ps to do with the added functionality of using it into headphones or studio monitors with ir’s.

skhan007

When in higher gain territory, do the trainwreck-inspired models (Concorde, 29, etc.) get raucous and rough or do they remain smooth as the volume/gain increases?

beckstriad

I'm frosting a cake with a paper knife
Double Platinum Member
When in higher gain territory, do the trainwreck-inspired models (Concorde, 29, etc.) get raucous and rough or do they remain smooth as the volume/gain increases?

The beauty of a Komet is they’ll do both based on EQ and picking dynamics.

rykus

Gold Supporting Member
My KF is the same as the concord I think. It is decently high gain but isn't quite up into soldano or that kind of high gain. Definitely more than my old Marshall but is in thst vein. Gained up Marshall into trainwreck territory.

The feedback is very musical I think is why it sounds smoother, it does the infinite sustain thing with ease at volume, and if you dime the pre amp in the fast mode it is plenty gained up for me.

skhan007

Just sold a guitar and amp!! Now I have funds, go to the emporium, and the Concorde is sold. :(

The universe has spoken and it wasn't meant to be, I guess. I'll be keeping my eyes open, though. The Aero 33 would be an awesome option, as I really like the clips I've heard so far.

stratovarius

Silver Supporting Member
Just sold a guitar and amp!! Now I have funds, go to the emporium, and the Concorde is sold. :(

The universe has spoken and it wasn't meant to be, I guess. I'll be keeping my eyes open, though. The Aero 33 would be an awesome option, as I really like the clips I've heard so far.

That's always how it goes for me, but something even better often comes along if you're patient. I've never tried an Aero, but I was always tempted to check one out.

blazzrock

Silver Supporting Member

skhan007

Ugggg!!! $5K + $600 shipping?!? Good luck. Honestly, I'd love just the head and I've seen them in the sold emporium archives with original asking prices ~$2500.

56Tweed

Ge Fuzz-o-holic
Gold Supporting Member

I've had trouble getting the timing right for an Aero. I bought a songwriter just a few days before one was listed in the emporium. I saw the Canadian one but don't want to mess with the hassle of international shipping.

Ryebosome

Silver Supporting Member
Not mine, just thought I would share. I’m on the wait list for a K60. I have wanted one for about 12 years. Finally decided to go for it.

Were you given an ETA on that? I'm going to pull the trigger on a Vimana or a K60 at some point, just curious what the wait time could look like.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom