Komet Amp Thread

rhinocaster

Gold Supporting Member
And then the reality of when I'm 'sure' that I want to move a Komet to get a different amp. I had convinced myself that I was going to trade this amp:

d6VQW8Ol.jpg

And get this amp:

I1oEwuGl.jpg

But I just couldn't do it.....when I get the chance to wind the Cloud up a bit it's one of the most glorious things I've heard.

So, I guess I'll just have both and continue to dream of a Songwriter. ;)

Last edited:

Speedbump61

Gold Supporting Member
I have the Hiwatt. I would never get rid of the Komet to get a hiwatt. Nothing wrong with a hiwatt, but it’s not a Komet and there is a difference. I believe that would be an instant regret

rhinocaster

Gold Supporting Member
I have the Hiwatt. I would never get rid of the Komet to get a hiwatt. Nothing wrong with a hiwatt, but it’s not a Komet and there is a difference. I believe that would be an instant regret

Well, my thought would be to replace the Cloud with a Songwriter like I've always wanted but just couldn't find it in me to sell the Cloud. That surprised me. :)

leonelh7

Silver Supporting Member
And then the reality if when I'm 'sure' that I want to move a Komet to get a different amp. I had convinced myself that I was going to trade this amp:

d6VQW8Ol.jpg

And get this amp:

I1oEwuGl.jpg

But I just couldn't do it.....when I get the chance to wind the Cloud up a bit it's one of the most glorious things I've heard.

So, I guess I'll just have both and continue to dream of a Songwriter. ;)
I wouldn’t mind taking that cab off your hands lol

Betos

That's just a freak of nature, not related to anything I know of.

I grew up a huge Fan of Rory Gallager's, and particularly loved his tone during the time he ran AC30 into either a Tweed Bassman or Tweed Twin via Rangemaster. The Constellation was my interpretation of that sound. Not in a literal sense, just kinda reimagined.

"Freak of naturee, not related to anything I know of."

That's an interesting description of it. @hogy, not sure how close you got to the sound that was in your head, but you definitely came out with something amazing.

The 3D cleans that just bloom and even feedback would be enough to make an amp great, but that drive as you turn the guitar knob up is just delicious and addictive. As spectacular as the cleans are, it's hard to stay there when that luscious drive is just sooo good and it keeps pulling you in!

leonelh7

Silver Supporting Member
@hogy the boys at Komet should come up with a new version. Unless a Rangemaster and one of the current amps could get me there. I am starting recording an entire album for my band and looking forward to what I can do with my Vimana in this album. I did a shootout with different amps, pedals and preamps and I am tracking most of the album with a Vimana. The K19 appears in one song and possibly a vintage Marshall. All going through a Komet 4x12 loaded with Alnico creams and h75s. Miking the Ambikab as well

Ryebosome

Silver Supporting Member
@hogy the boys at Komet should come up with a new version. Unless a Rangemaster and one of the current amps could get me there. I am starting recording an entire album for my band and looking forward to what I can do with my Vimana in this album. I did a shootout with different amps, pedals and preamps and I am tracking most of the album with a Vimana. The K19 appears in one song and possibly a vintage Marshall. All going through a Komet 4x12 loaded with Alnico creams and h75s. Miking the Ambikab as well

What style of music? Are you running any boost or drive pedals into the Vimana?

willie k

Gold Supporting Member
Update II:

In my late night impatience yesterday, I did a very poor job of trying to locate the problem. I just tried two speakers, got nothing but weak noise, gave up and went to bed.

Today, I removed the chassis from the combo cab and connected the amp to an external speaker cab. I turned it on to see if all the tubes lit up properly, which they did. Then I took it off standby, tried to play, and heard the same weak unstable noise. I then turned it back on standby, plugged in a different guitar, and turned it back on. WHAM - there is sound! And lots of it!

Never had problems with that guitar before, but apparently now I do. Still, silly of me not to rule out that possibility earlier. :facepalm

So, amp works great but is currently disassembled. Since yesterday I have also caught a bad cold or maybe the flu, and I'm not up for reassembly and a NAD post right now. I've played it for a few minutes and the first impression is very good, but I need more time with it. Hopefully I'll be fit for a proper NAD tomorrow.

Sorry to make such drama for nothing; wish I was as sturdy as the k29.

I have a 29 head, but would love to have a combo cabinet. Imagine walking in with that innocent looking little combo….. Little do they know. Muhahahaha!

skhan007

My Fryette Power Station just arrived in preparation for a K60 purchase in the coming months. Tested it with my Two Rock Bloomfield Drive, and got pretty good results. Hopefully this thing allows me to finally own my dream amp and play it at home volumes.
Cool! Are you ordering a K60 or will be locating one on the used market?

56Tweed

Ge Fuzz-o-holic
Gold Supporting Member
Well, I’m a lifelong Baltimore Orioles fan (despite countless recent years of struggles in the MLB rankings). Black and orange!

I'm really sorry to hear that. As a lifelong Yankee fan, you've had a rough run. I got to see the Ripkin clan in the '80s though.

Ryebosome

Silver Supporting Member
Well, I’m a lifelong Baltimore Orioles fan (despite countless recent years of struggles in the MLB rankings). Black and orange!

I’m more of a nerd than a sports guy (didn’t know what the Orioles colors were), but I have seen a Komet in black and orange on the emporium and it looked incredible :love:

skhan007

I'm really sorry to hear that. As a lifelong Yankee fan, you've had a rough run. I got to see the Ripkin clan in the '80s though.
It was incredible as a kid to see them win the World Series in '83 and some good playoff potential in the late 90s, but pretty sad as of late. I saw Ripken countless times at Camden Yards, including a few historic moments, like passing Brooks Robinson's number of hits. Honestly, if I wasn't a loyal fan of the O's, I would definitely be a Yankees fan. I've read all the bios of famous Yankees, respect the records, the consistency, and overall they are "America's Team" as far as baseball is concerned.

I’m more of a nerd than a sports guy (didn’t know what the Orioles colors were), but I have seen a Komet in black and orange on the emporium and it looked incredible :love:
Oh Yes!!

Ryebosome

Silver Supporting Member
It was incredible as a kid to see them win the World Series in '83 and some good playoff potential in the late 90s, but pretty sad as of late. I saw Ripken countless times at Camden Yards, including a few historic moments, like passing Brooks Robinson's number of hits. Honestly, if I wasn't a loyal fan of the O's, I would definitely be a Yankees fan. I've read all the bios of famous Yankees, respect the records, the consistency, and overall they are "America's Team" as far as baseball is concerned.

Oh Yes!!

42853788-89-BC-45-AB-AA64-DFCB9-D0-DA426.jpg

Top Bottom