Komet Concorde arrived today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by LP Blues, Sep 27, 2006.

1. LP Blues

LP Blues Member

All I'm going to say is WOW! This amp is a HELACIOUS TONE MONSTER! I have never heard anything come close to this kind of power tube overdrive crunch. EVER!! Over the past 3 years I have either owned or tried almost EVERY amp on the market!!! This thing is a definite keeper. If you have the chance to try one, DO IT. It is "EVERYTHING" you have heard and more. NO amp I have ever owned has knobs that give the usable range that this one does. Period!!! I have owned enough stuff to recognize "the right one". This is it! :BOUNCE

2. electronpirate

electronpirate Member

Bastid!

My checkbook is still screaming at me from Pete's clips... You're not helping!

Enjoy tho. We may all have Concorde's before the year is out.

3. sinner

sinner Member

Congrats, LPBlues! I know I made the right decision getting a Concorde as well (even though I'm feeling a bit of the money pains right now), but glad I did!

I wonder what number they're up to now--I've got #10.

BTW, what cab you using? I just have my 1960TV reissue Marshall cab with the 25 watt Greenbacks, but thinking about what 2 x 12 to get. Probably the Scumbag...

Enjoy that amp!

4. carbz

carbz Supporting Member

I guess you like it huh? :D My friend has the Komet 60. I like the 60 but I think My naylor is right up there with it.

5. HeeHaw

HeeHaw Member

edit: nevermind, they are way more than I wanna' spend. :D

6. loudgtr

loudgtr Member

I'd like to hear these clips. Can I get a link to "Pete's clips" please, or can I just do a search for 'Komet Concorde' in 'amps & cabs'? Thanks.

7. rockin robbie

rockin robbie Supporting Member

I also recieved my concorde today.I believe my search is over.I have been thru many boutique amps over the past several years, but none have come alive like my komet.All i can say is talk is cheap, go play one and its all over.Worked with Ken at Ultrasound Music in New York.Excellent knowledge of eqipment as well as excellent service.sincerely, rob.

8. loudgtr

loudgtr Member

Doh!! Just scrolled down and found the thread. Wow!! Nice tones for sure.

9. will132

will132 Member

Congrats!

Loved the video clips....even had a dream about that sound last night.

10. robbieboyette

robbieboyette Member

How would you guys rate the Komet next to the Bogner Ecstasy Classic tonewise? I'm always on an eternal search...

11. LP Blues

LP Blues Member

I know the feeling. Iv been there in the past. I do have to say that I though I was nuts for climbing the price ladder this high, but then I played it. I can honestly say, I'd pay 5k for this and not even look back. Every other amp iv owned I kind of convinced myself it was worth the $. This one convinced me! Don't do it if your not finacially ready!!!!! You will regret it. Just wait till it's right. Maybe there will be a used one by then? Good luck! Mel

12. LP Blues

LP Blues Member

Congrats to you too! Man, this thing is something else huh? Serial # 15. Playing through an Avatar 2x12 with G12H30's. I heard the Scumbag was nice too. Take care , M

13. LP Blues

LP Blues Member

Glad you like the Naylor! That's one I have not heard yet. Was he involved in the production of the Reverend amps?

14. LP Blues

LP Blues Member

Hey Rob. I agree. It really is the first of all the amps that really delivers the goods in spades! Did you notice how much range you get with EVERY knob? AWESOME! I dealt with Ken and Gary over at ULTRASOUND in NY too. I have to say that the service was impecable! The packing was top notch also. Enjoy yours. Mel

15. Sonic Reducer

Sonic Reducer Member

How much is the concorde? I saw the price for the connie, but not the concorde

16. LP Blues

LP Blues Member

Of course it depends on your style/etc... but, I really think NOTHING touches it. ooops. Just realized you said Classic. I have only owned/heard the Shiva, Metrop, and 101b. Don't know about the classic. Mel

17. LP Blues

LP Blues Member

$3850.00. Only looks like a big # till you get it home and realize what you have got!

18. mprvise

mprvise Member

Congrats man! Currently saving for one of my own. Ever since the first clips were posted on the Komet site I KNEW I had to have one. Soon...

19. LP Blues

LP Blues Member

Same here. The clips are pretty true to what you get. It's just bigger and LOUD in person. I hope you get it soon. Mel

20. Steve Snider

Steve Snider Member

Hey Rob!

Got mine today too and it sounds awesome eh. The hicut is really cool the way it interacts with the other eq knobs. It is a beautiful thing and sounds freekin' great!! Excellent Job guys! Love it in fast mode turned up around noon with a 4X12.Very cool. Much fun ahead!! GREAT amp.