Komet Concorde video

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by sinasl1, Sep 21, 2006.

1. sinasl1

sinasl1 Member

OK guys I'm no filmmaker.. I can't use Imovie very well... And bear with my incessant noodling... but I did put together a little vid of the Concorde with decent quality audio so you can get the idea... This is in gradual mode, volume on the amp is on around 4 at the beginning of the clip and then I upped it to around 5 for the latter half...

At the beginning, I tried to show how you can vary your pick attack for different levels of grind... I was going for "AC/DC" levels of grind, essentially.

Even in the gradual mode you get the idea just how many overtones there are and that gets magnified in fast mode. the gradual mode is supposed to be more "vintage" sounding... sounds pretty wonderfully vintage to me. Like the best Marshall I never had. I'm still learning how to get the most out of it, it is a crazy beast with all that harmonic stuff going on... it's just very expressive.

it's really hard to convey with a clip how wonderful this thing sounds in the room.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgKPwtcey_s

2. sinasl1

sinasl1 Member

ya I thought it's maybe a little premature to post a clip like this, maybe I should spend more time tweaking and do up a track like I usually do (and I will do one like that..) but then I thought, screw it. This thing sounds so damn good, it comes across no matter what. And... as good as it sounds to me on here- it's 5 times better in the room.

Also- stock tubes, except a Bugle Boy in V1. The rest are the stock sovtek pre's and =c= 34's.

3. ericb

ericb Silver Supporting Member

That sounded GREAT... lotsa fun and my kind of tones and playing! Thanks for posting

Eric

4. matte

matte Senior Member

i had a bb in v1 of my kf 50 (as i do in my express)with valvos in 2&3 and mullard brown bases in the power section. love the bb.

5. themusicboxstudios

themusicboxstudios Member

are you using the hotplate at all?

how is the head room compared to the LDW?

btw, i LOVE your playing ... very inspiring to a young guy like me.

6. Ironman

Ironman Member

Wow!!! Very cool! Man that amp sounds like a blast to plug into! Nice little jam demo, thanks for ripping it up a bit! Awesome, awesome pure fat screaming delicious tone! Did you have it attenuated any? What speakers? Great job, this is going to cause quite a stir! :AOK

7. Glide

Glide Member

Thank you so much for posting this. This place is really tough on a gasaholic's wallet. I have been calmly trying to avoid buying one of these, but it is getting more and more difficult. What cabinet are you using on the clip? A 2x12? I think I am probably going to dive in.

8. matte

matte Senior Member

yessir. love those as well as the philips miniwatts.

9. pirateflynn

pirateflynn Supporting Member

That did sound good........Thanks for sharing!

10. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

Great clips dude...makes me even more anxious to get my hands on mine!!!...only another month...:( :):D...I simply LOVED the tones you were getting in that video. What made you get the hot plate for it and not the air brake?...Once again, great video, thanks so much for posting it man, rock on.

Marko M.

P.S. Record another clip!!!:)

11. Ironman

Ironman Member

Can you squeeze in some fast mode riffage? :drool

12. mprvise

mprvise Member

OMFG - TONE!!!!! You guys really need to stop with the Concorde threads until the end of the year, really.

But seriously, thanks for posting. That was fantastic.

13. electronpirate

electronpirate Member

Yes, start a new thread.

Back to the PRESENT one:

Great sounding amp. Great playing and love the Marshall'ish sound.

Yes, this amp is killing me for trying to get rid of GAS. I was worried that it wouldn't have enough gain for what I was into, but that would fit in perfectly.

EP

14. sinasl1

sinasl1 Member

You got that right- I saw Beck earlier this year. I was standing with Lyle Workman and Brian Ray and all of us had to repeatedly pick our jaws up off the floor that night- he was astonishingly good. Both Lyle and Brian had seen him numerous times and everyone was in agreement that this was one of the best, if not the best, they'd ever seen him play. He had incredible control over the guitar, and I think he's a true original.

OK-Back to the amp!!!

Cab is a Bogner 2-12" with a G12H30 and a Vintage 30.

The Hotplate was plugged in-line- but set at "0", i.e. no attenuation. I didn't want to attenuate for these clips.

I've owned the Hotplate for years, and i like it, but I actually have a Komet Airbrake waiting for me at the post office- Got a note in my mailbox.. I think I missed the delivery guy with it today because I was playing ripping loud guitar all afternoon and didn't hear him! How's that for irony?

15. sinasl1

sinasl1 Member

It's got lots of gain, but it's really power amp grind... I'm starting to think that power amp grind is like this: fat, dynamic- touch responsive, very sensitive to guitar/pickup changes, and more "revealing", i.e. very rewarding if you have chops but demanding to play because if you are the least bit sloppy it's magnified...

preamp gain makes things much smoother, easier to play legato stuff and just easier to play in general- BUT doesn't offer nearly the same degree of colors, dynamics, and shades of tone... maybe better for super-saturated stuff (like nu-metal tones) but can't hold a candle to an amp with lots going on in the power amp for blues, and most rock and roll.

16. Steve Snider

Steve Snider Member

I love it. That was freekin great. Cannot wait to get mine!

17. sinasl1

sinasl1 Member

by the way.. the sound of the last "A" chord in the vid... the last 2 seconds... that's the sound I hear in my head when I think "what's my tone????" That's it. There it is. I guess I found it. So I guess I need look no further, haha! :) It only took 25 years...

18. Steve Snider

Steve Snider Member

8th row! Me and my brother Dave hangin for a bit of the mighty JB. Life is good!!!!!Soon to be Kometose as well. And the Chapin is my favorite guitar of all.

19. Reissueplayer

Reissueplayer Member

Thanks for posting. The great sound does come across in the video. I want one.

20. m4tt

m4tt Member

Sounds great. I appreciate the clip, like most..