1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Komet Constellation owners: Do you use OD pedals with it?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Patch, May 19, 2011.

1. Patch

Patch Gold Supporting Member

Or other ones like boost, distorsion, treble boosters,...
    Which ones?

Thanks!

2. Keld

Keld Member

I have used a BB Preamp and a Fulltone OCD. Neither are as good as the amp by itself, but being that the Connie gets pretty loud pretty quickly, the pedals can be a nice way to get some overdrive at lower levels. They both take away a bit of the organic quality of the amp.

IMHO, the Connie is a classic case of less is more - the amp sounds *so* good on its own that adding much to it just detracts from the overall sound.

3. Young Angus

Young Angus Member

I agree. I have a Komet 60 and it's the same situation with that. If you have a Connie I say just get an Airbrake and go from there, that should knock it down enough to use at gigs without blowing your heads off.

I still use an OD pedal with mine sometimes though and the best I've heard is the Analogman KOT, brings out the best in any amp in my opinion, such a great pedal!

4. clarkram

clarkram Member

I've had a Constellation for 5 plus yrs and never found the need for an OD pedal. I tried a BK Butler Tube Driver once but it was overkill. IMO the amp can deliver incredible harmonics and OD without any pedals.

5. ButchR

ButchR Komet Player Gold Supporting Member

The Hotcake sounds great with it. With any Komet really.

6. ib2010

ib2010 Member

I haven't even thought of using an od with mine. She's got so much hair on her ,a wig doesn't seem appropriate. 2 clicks on the Komet attenuator and she still is ready to eat me alive if i'm not ready to rock.

7. Patch

Patch Gold Supporting Member

Thanks guys.

That's what I thought as well.
    I have a Ho attenuator with dual volumes footswitchable and the volume knob on my guitar to get all the tones I want.

I just wanted to hear this before making a massive pedal sale!

Other question for you: what about modulation/delay/reverb?
    Do you use them before the amp or with a wet/dry set-up?

Thanks!

8. Young Angus

Young Angus Member

This is a very old thread but thought I'd resurrect it since the last question was never answered...I not own both a Connie and a K60 and any effects I just put straight into the front of the amp and they sound great. Currently I use a wah pedal, tremolo and delay, all just on a board in one chain in front of the amp.