Komet video - Mark Knopfler - Boom Like That

Terry Hayes

Supporting Member
pfrischmann said:
That's great.

That album is very underrated IMHO.
Nice to see appreciation for Shangri-La. To me, Shangri-La, like all of MK's other albums, is just fantastic. I wish I could write lyrics like he does. I was so pleased to be able to see him on tour last summer.

Terry

LaXu

He sounded killer on the Shangri-La tour. But then again he always sounds killer. However, that Komet rig was very sweet sounding.

Fretmaster

Love knopfler! But dear God I can't imagine standing right in front of TWO KOMET's running TWO 4x12 cabs!!!

LSchefman

Very sweet! I always liked Knopfler's sound (and playing of course), and he sounds wonderful through those amps - i.e., he sounds like himself in a really clear, juicy way.

Berre

BrewBeck said:
those 1/2 stacks on the stage are dummy rigs, fully functional, but dummy rigs none the less
:eek:

here's part of the business end

hey !! a Dr Z Airbrake on the left !!! ;)

bert

LaXu

BrewBeck said:
those 1/2 stacks on the stage are dummy rigs, fully functional, but dummy rigs none the less
:eek:

here's part of the business end

http://www.photobucket.com/albums/y193/BrewBeck/mk4.jpgQUOTE]

I wouldn't be so sure about that. When he played in Helsinki he was connected to the Komet stack as far as I can remember and the other guitar player used the second one. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some trickery with attenuators, line-outs and whatnot though.

But what's in that rack? All I can identify is the Korg tuner and propably a TC 2290 delay.

Trending Topics