Korg G4 Rotary Manual ?!?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by GAT, Jun 20, 2005.

1. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

Anyone have a copy of the manual? Thanks!

2. TheGrooveking

TheGrooveking Member

An Alternate Reality in a Parallel Universe...
    Email me, I will check my library when I get home tonight, I have one, so I should have the instructions.

TheGrooveking

3. stinkfoot

stinkfoot Member

I have the G4 manual in a 2.2mb zip file - I got my G4 from Germany, and someone was nice enough to scan the english manual for me. If you want it, just e-mail me and I'll send it right over.

/Andreas

4. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

Thanks for your help guys!! Now I can figure how to program it, I hope.:dude

5. jimmy54

jimmy54 Member

Hi fellas,

I've just bought a Korg G4 (not received it yet but it doesn't have a manual). Any of you guys still got a copy of the manual?

Cheers

Jimmy

6. drolling

drolling Member

Hey Jimmy, my ex used to throw out all the packaging my gear came in (she couldn't understand why some of us pay more if the original box is included) and I think the manual went with it.. But the G-4's a very simple pedal w/limited programmability. In fact, you can only save one preset (by pressing the "write" button) and all controls & in/outs are clearly labeled. The G4's speed (fast or slow - nothing inbetween, just like a real Leslie) can be controlled by plugging ANY volume pedal into the expression pedal jack.

The rest of the little booklet's just fluffed up w/the standard "Congratulations for purchasing..." type filler in several languages. You're not missing much.

BTW, it's a killer rotary sim. Better than many that have come out since!

7. jimmy54

jimmy54 Member

Thanks Drolling (I actually typed drooling by mistake first, glad I spotted it on a read through, might've come across as some sort of insult:D ). Given half a chance, my missus would throw most of the gear out with the packaging. The phrase 'not more shite' is often spoken by her upon arrival of any packages for me.

I've got a H&K Rotosphere which is good sounding but I'm fed up with the noise it makes as my amps don't have effect loops. I'm hoping the G4 will be an improvement on the H&K.

8. drolling

drolling Member

I actually do a fair amount of drooling:drool :drool

Love the H&K too, but it's just too noisy in front of my old blackface amps.. Works just great in a modren FX loop, tho'.

The Korg's a great sounding box - Even my Hammond playing brother approves and he's got a real vintage Leslie cab.. You should hear the noise that sucker makes - Even after a tune-up you can still hear the motor grinding and the belt squeaking if you're not playing LOUD enough..

The G-4 sounds unreal in stereo.. If you've got a couple of amps, you've got to run it that way!

Most people criticize the plastic casing, but mine's still fine after all these years. The only thing I'm not nutty about is the built-in non-adjustable, undefeatable noise gate. At very low volumes, it'll cut the tail off notes as they decay - not an issue when you're competing w/a rhythm section, tho'.

9. jimmy54

jimmy54 Member

The G4 arrived today and I must say, it out-performs my Rotosphere MKII. I've only played it through my fender blues deluxe so far but I'm going to try it in stereo with my Matamp 1224 later. Looks like the Rotosphere will in up for sale after Chrimbo.

10. BigMuffPI

BigMuffPI Member

I bought a Korg G4 some days ago. So far, I think it's great! But then I haven't tried so many other Leslie-simulators.

Do any of you have the manual in pdf?

11. ICEWATER

ICEWATER Member

Hey guys I do need a manual for my "new" G4 ...also from Germany.
    Please help me :) thanks

Emilio

12. stinkfoot

stinkfoot Member

I have the manual - drop me a PM with your e-mail, and I'll send it.

13. drolling

drolling Member

Hey, thanks Kisk!!

At 25 pages, there's considerably more info than I'd remembered. Nice to have it on file again

There've been quite a few new Leslie emulators released since this thread appeared in 2006, but I'm still pretty happy with G-4.. Especially since I finally got a POG

Plugging into just those two pedals transforms my old tele into a B-3, but they're both fairly big & complicated, plus each has its own dedicated power supply

I'm wondering if & when somebody will combine an octave divider with a rotary speaker simulator & create one small box that *does it all*

While I'm wishing, I'd hope they'd think to include some analog distortion, too - like the tube-screamerish circuitry in the G-4

I'd buy one!!

14. kahluabeer

kahluabeer Member

OOT

show ur pedalboard with g4:rockin

15. Kiskadar

Kiskadar Member

Hi! I'm a keyboard player. I haven't got any pedalboards but I'm gonna buy my first one soon.

16. Kiskadar

Kiskadar Member

17. Kiskadar

Kiskadar Member

If you connect a Normally Closed (=push-to-break) momentary (=non-latching) pedal, you can use it as a slow/fast modern two-way pedal (=tremolo only while pedal is pressed).

18. elron hoover

elron hoover Member