Korg Pitch Black Tuner Question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by JVania, May 23, 2008.

1. JVania

JVania Member

So I am going to be buying a Korg Pitch Black Tuner to replace my DT-10, but I am curious about placement. I've never had a TB tuner and want to know if anyone has used the Pitch Black in the middle of their chain? I would use it with no effects on but it would be nice to have the tuner on the bottom row of my pedal train. It would make turning it on easier as well as easier to see since I don't wear my glasses when I play. What say you good ladies and gents?

2. dahn8

dahn8 Member

I've never tried it, but i would assume it should work fine there as long as the effects upstream of it are turned off. I've seen some people use tuners at the end of their chain and it seems to work fine as long as no other effects are on. sometimes effects cause tuners to get confused...

3. jlagrassa

jlagrassa Supporting Member

It's true bypass so it should not have any effect on your pedals or tone but I would probably keep it before any distortion or delay effects this way if you have on a distortion pedal it may overload the input while tuning.
    I have mine last in line but I only have a wah pedal before it, the tuner is a descent tuner I really like mine!

4. jb1911

jb1911 Member

So you lineup is: wah>tuner?

5. jlagrassa

jlagrassa Supporting Member

A little late to this thread but yeah I only have a Teese Joe Walsh Sig Wah into the Pitch Black, I have 3 other Boss pedals but they are in my amps fx loop!