Korg Pitchblack Anyone?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by fuzz_factor, Apr 2, 2008.

1. fuzz_factor

fuzz_factor Supporting Member

There's another thread on here about availability, so hopefully I'm not being redundant.

I just got my copy of the latest Musician's Friend catalog and there is a review of the Korg pitchblack. True bypass, cast aluminum, the displays look pretty big, it can do a meter or strobe emulation. All in all it looks really good for $90.

I've been thinking of upgrading my Boss TU-12 to something in pedal form and don't want to spend a fortune. I'm leaning towards the TU-2, but the Pitchblack looks like a winner. I don't want to spend the $$$ on a Strobostomp (the little virtual tuning fork thing on my MicroCube is my favorite way to tune at home and I still lament losing my real tuning fork). Plus, folks around here seem to like the Korg tunes.

I figure, if it's True Bypass, built sturdy and works, what's not to like? Looks like the only thing lacking is a microphone for tuning acoustically, but none of the other pedals have those either right? (My TU-12 does have one...)

Early opinions?

2. silverface

silverface Member

Hi,

I just got one - I think it's fine - the display looks great!

Best wishes,

silverface.

3. innocent_bystander

innocent_bystander Supporting Member

4. Garage Dog

Garage Dog Member

Hey Guys Music123 has this tuner listed in their 15% off sale if any one is interested :)

5. esoteric pete

esoteric pete Member

i have one as well and its a fantastic, small, and super easy to use pedal tuner.

i dig!

6. soli528

soli528 Silver Supporting Member

Link? Didn't see that on their site... thx

7. cbpickin

cbpickin Tweed Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

I finally placed my order Saturday, and American Musical Supply sent me an email today that mine shipped. We'll see in a few days.

8. Garage Dog

Garage Dog Member

9. alvagoldbook

alvagoldbook Member

I've been wanting one of these myself.

10. Hoffe_68

Hoffe_68 Member

Got one on Tuesday and it seems to work really fine. No toneloss, bright display (Don't know how playing sunny outside gigs will affect the Led's clarity though)
    And both the regular and strobe mode works fine. Takes a little time to get used to the strobe mode and I don't know if it'll be more accurate.

I like the small size but I'm still interested in the Pro model that they'll supposely release soon. With "sweetened" tunings and be able to save presets.
    /Thomas

11. BryanMatthews

BryanMatthews Member

my primary question in terms of that tuner is how stable is it ?

ive had a boss tu2 in the past and it was flat, sharp, in tune,, flat, sharp ,flat.........no surprise that I unloaded it pretty quick. So, how is the korg in this area ?

Bryan