Korg SDD 2000 or Roland SDE 3000 in effect loop ?.help

Discussion in 'The Rack Space' started by louis, Apr 9, 2020.

1. louis

louis Member

Hi guys,..need help here,........I have a chance to buy either an SDD2000 or SDE3000 and would like to go through my amp's effect loop ,......I've had both before but it's been a long time , from what
    I can remember is that I prefered the SDD for having some knobs versus the digital layout of the SDE3000 ,......another thing I remember is that one of the SDD I had was making a clocking ticking noise through the loop and I'm scared that this will happen again so need your thoughts on this to
    help me choose the right unit .

Thanks

2. Anje

Anje Supporting Member

The Korg SDD 2000 doesn't have much more knobs than the SDE 3000? May be you mix the SDD2000 with the SDD3000?
    I've had all 3, sold the SDD2000 and still have the other 2.
    The SDD2000 is the one with more "modern" features, only one of the 3 that has MIDI especially. It's a great tool for sampling in particular with his extended memory as standard and the MIDI implementation. I wasn't using it much for guitar as I already had the 2 others ones (among others) which I recall to be more "spectacular" sounding than the SDD2000. The later doesn't have the famous preamp section of the SDD3000 for example.
    For a standard guitar application I'd go with the SDE3000 between the 2, except if MIDI is an absolute must (and btw if you need MIDI only to switch presets there are other simple solutions to interface w/ your old non-MIDI rack gear).

3. louis

louis Member

Thanks !........don't need midi and what I meant about the Korg SDD having more knobs was compared with the SDE-3000 Roland having push tabs
    instead of turning knobs which I like more ,....I know that the SDE-2500 has a few knobs vs the SDE-3000 but the max delay is 750ms.