Korg SDD-3000 pedal sum to mono

kskim

Hello everyone! I rarely post here, but I've been having some trouble finding an exact answer on the forums.

I've got a Korg SDD-3000 pedal and I really want to run multi-tap delays in parallel. However, I only use 1 amp in mono setup, and wanted to know what would be the best (and cheapest) way to sum the stereo outputs to mono without having any phase issues? I am running a tc hof at the end of my chain, but it doesn't sum stereo to mono.

Broomz

Hello everyone! I rarely post here, but I've been having some trouble finding an exact answer on the forums.

I've got a Korg SDD-3000 pedal and I really want to run multi-tap delays in parallel. However, I only use 1 amp in mono setup, and wanted to know what would be the best (and cheapest) way to sum the stereo outputs to mono without having any phase issues? I am running a tc hof at the end of my chain, but it doesn't sum stereo to mono.
I'm confused as I've just bought this pedal but don't have it in my hands yet. Wouldn't the left (mono) out retain your multitaps but sum them to mono? That's how I thought it would work.

kskim

@Broomz, When running the pedal in mono, it only allows 1 tap to be heard unless you press the LCR button. However, the LCR button doesn't allow the user to adjust the subdivision, mix, and feedback of the 2nd tap. If you run the pedal in stereo, you can click the R.Time button to independently control feedback, mix, and subdivision of the right channel.

Broomz

@Broomz, When running the pedal in mono, it only allows 1 tap to be heard unless you press the LCR button. However, the LCR button doesn't allow the user to adjust the subdivision, mix, and feedback of the 2nd tap. If you run the pedal in stereo, you can click the R.Time button to independently control feedback, mix, and subdivision of the right channel.
Boy that is dumb! But I've read some Sdd3000 pedal threads on the forum and I'm expecting some quirks like this.

Thanks for the info- I looked at the manual online but it didn't mention.

greenlander

No, I don't believe you can adjust the MIX of just the right channel delay when the R.Time button is on. Only the delay time and feedback. At least that's how mine works. I just took another look at the manual and it doesn't mention separate right channel mix control capability. Not sure if the rack version allows that.

edit: this was a reply to a previous post that's been deleted asking about independent right channel mix/balance control

Last edited:

Koa70

I got an sdd3000 a few weeks ago, sounds really great. Right channel mix control would be great. I just accidentally deleted my post about that.

Trending Topics